Part 2. The Bar

After showering and getting ready to go out I put on a shirt and black jeans, flick my wet hair backwards and I'm set.

Veronica is waiting outside for me.
"You're having her stay in your dorm for a month? You don't even know each other? She called you disgusting a minute after meeting you."

"Ronnie it's fine it's just for a laugh. It was a bet. Don't get too jealous." I smile and put my arm around her as we walk towards the student bar. She shakes her head and rolls her eyes.
She's always been a good friend to me and although I'm pretty sure I could have her if I wanted, I don't want to ruin the friendship. I've burnt enough bridges over the years through meaningless, messy sex with friends.

We get into the bar and I have a few chats with some people from my course about my match, everyone is impressed that I came away without a single scratch on me.

A girl I hooked up with the previous week comes up to me and hugs me. She's tall and slim with long blonde hair. She's slightly intoxicated already as she hangs off me and holds onto my shirt. I put my arm around her waist to hold her upright.
After ordering a bottle of water from the bartender I pass it to her and she kisses my cheek.
At this moment I notice Cheryl walking into the bar and right over to the group I'm standing with.

"Is that your tactic, to take home the drunkest girl you find?" Her perfectly expressive eyebrow arches and I notice a large rucksack on her back.

"You're not drunk are you?" I wink, just because I know exactly how much she'll pretend to hate it. I've convinced myself she can't actually hate it, or hate me for that matter.

"Why don't you get me a cocktail before I have to go back to your bachelor pad of hell." Cheryl doesn't ask but insists and I'm more than happy to oblige.

I order her something red with a cherry hanging over the side of the glass, she sips and licks her lips. The hunger burns inside of me again.

One of my friends takes the blonde girl home even though she tried to hang onto me for as long as she physically could.

"One of your old flames I presume?" Cheryl nonchalantly sips as she asks.

"Just a one-night-thing. Why don't you tell me about your old flames if that's what we're calling them?" I put the beer bottle to my lips and take a sip of the cold liquid.

"I don't kiss and tell." Cheryl mocks my earlier wink and sends it straight back my way. Although I certainly don't feel obliged to roll my eyes at it, instead I avert my eyes from her face. I look down, her pale neck that leads to slight cleavage, I look but only for a moment. My eyes wander down further, her leather trousers hug her small waist and curve round her pleasingly shaped hips.

"I can feel your eyes all over like a bad rash." Cheryl turns to face me and my eyes make their way back up to hers. I shrug.

We both get chatting to our friends and after about an hour of socialising the exhaustion from the fights and rigorous training hits me. I tap Cheryl on the shoulder.

"Home time?" I suggest. She actually nods, agreeing with me for the first time.
I say my goodbyes and hug Veronica, she tells me to be careful of what I'm getting myself into.
I'm sure I've gotten myself into worse situations.

"Where's tonights lucky lady then?" Cheryl asks as I let her into my dorm. She closes the door behind us and I show her to my room.

A floor to ceiling mirror is one of the first things you see as you walk in.

"You're looking right at her!" I exclaim as Cheryl stands, looking particularly unimpressed, infront of my mirror.

"Okay ground rules. I'm not one to break a deal or bet that's why I'm here, no other reason. You're not my type and nothing will happen between us, understand?" Cheryl sets her bag down on my side of the bed.

"First of all I thought I was every lesbians type and second of all that's my side of the bed." I reply as I kick my shoes off and head to the ensuite to brush my teeth.

"Who said I was a lesbian and no I'm sleeping this side." Cheryl pulls out a very organised make up bag, she takes her toothbrush and joins me in the bathroom.

"You don't like girls?" I look at her walking towards me, as if she wants me but she just wants me to move out of the way of the sink.

"I've already told you, I don't kiss and tell. And the most important part of it all is that I don't like you, right?" Cheryl smiles. It's devious and captivating on a new level.

I nod in defeat and after brushing my teeth in silence I notice Cheryl places her toothbrush next to mine. I let out a small unnoticeable laugh to myself, I've never seen another toothbrush stand next to mine in this sink ever.

I get into bed and after 10 minutes in the bathroom presumably taking off her make up and doing some feminine skin care routine, Cheryl leaves the ensuite. She wears an oversized t shirt that ends just above her knees, her hair is up, with 2 pieces of hair loose but tucked behind her ears.

She gets into bed, I let her have my side. Cheryl places a pillow in-between us. I laugh.

"Good night Cheryl." I say as I roll over to face away from her. She doesn't say a word, just sighs.