Part 12. The Self-Discipline

I shut the door and look at myself in the mirror, stitches on both sides of my face, my right eye is slightly swollen.

I look rough. After showering I feel much more normal. I put on comfortable clothes, sweatpants and a beige hoodie.

Upon leaving the bathroom and entering back into my bedroom I see Cheryl has made my bed, put Netflix on the television, and has left out a plate of food for me.

"I can give you some space if you want to just watch something on your own?" Cheryl stands in the doorframe, her arms folded across her chest.

"I'm almost certain that the doctor would not approve of you giving me space, what if I develop a new symptom?" I sarcastically reply and pick up the plate of 3 soft shell tacos.

"Veronica made those for you. How's it going with you two anyway?" Cheryl doesn't look me in the eye when she asks.

I sit down on the small sofa at the foot of my bed, scrolling through the films on Netflix.

"She apologised for kissing me at the party and we agreed that being friends is the only way forward for us. It was just one of my many stupid drunken mistakes." I explain and watch Cheryl, she nods and takes a seat next to me on the sofa.

"We've all made our fair share of drunken mistakes." Cheryl raises an eyebrow and takes the remote out of my hand.

"Ouch. Can't you see I'm already wounded enough?" I jokingly place my hand to my chest and stare at Cheryl with my mouth wide open.

"Shut up. I'm picking the film." She scrolls through the horror genre and I watch as her eyes flit from one film to the next, and her hair is still damp.

20 minutes into a newly added scary film and all I can think about is how I want her closer.

She sits with her legs crossed underneath her, her knee is just inches from me and the urge to trace her skin  is ridiculous. I look at Cheryl.

My oversized top, that she currently wears, is clinging to her chest in just the right place. Her nipples are hard and I begin to imagine slipping them into my mouth.

"Are you scared already?" Cheryl begins to turn her head to see what I'm looking at.

She follows my eyeline and puts her hands over her hard nipples that show through the top.

"God, you're such a guy." She shakes her head but laughs.

"Fuck off I was looking.. at the remote." I lie and lean across to grab the remote that sits to her left.

Cheryl attempts to steal it back from me. I hold it high in the air, out of reach. She leans into my body, one of her hands in the air trying to grab the remote and one of her hands steadying herself on the sofa.

Cheryl, now positioned above me, gives up grabbing at the air, she looks down and our eyes meet.

"I'm glad you're back here." I say without thinking.

"I meant what I said, I know you're not good for me." Cheryl's upper body rests on top of mine, I push a strand of hair away from her face.

I look down at her lips. I'm so desperate to push my mouth against hers and kiss her hard.

I lift my knee slightly, it slips between Cheryl's thighs and I feel the warmth between her legs.

Her fingernails scratch into my skin and her eyes roll back before she shuts them and opens her mouth.
Cheryl pushes herself down against my knee again. Her eyes open and fix against mine, her pupils are huge and her jaw is clenched.