Crystalized Concepts

Crystalized is very much a mix for me. I had a rant at one point in this chapter about what I thought about this season, but found it stupid and way more biased than the rest of this already is so I deleted it. Anyways, enjoy these, cause they're neat.

Originally this season was supposed to be more spider-themed as Harumi was going to return as a cyborg-spider (as seen in the art up top, courtesy of good ol' Andreasen). I personally find it kind of cool. It's not like she'd be completely intact after she got crushed by a building, right? And this probably would've followed through, but first of all, let's consider that production for this season probably started as early as 2020, and guess what came out the same year? Monkie Kid! And upon finding out they were doing a spider queen, it was back to the drawing board for everyone.

They also considered having Nadakhan return and join the Crystal Council, and man, that would've been crazy. But the writers though it would be complicated to explain, and I'll give them that one. This season is long enough too, and there was a lot crammed into the season by itself. So to have TWO returns of a very powerful and apocalypse-causing tyrant in thirty 11-minute episodes would be the death of me, honestly. The original plan for his return would be for Clutch Powers to drop the Teapot of Tyrahn (which he is depicted multiple times to have), breaking it and freeing Nadakhan,  where he could go join the Crystal Council. Honestly, though, I don't think he'd give a crap about the council. I wouldn't want to join a fourteen year old girl and her Facebook friends consisting of two snakes, a robot literally named 'F,' a fugitive dad who is also a failed autocrat, and some dude with a robe arm who probably overcharges oil changes. I wouldn't blame Nadakhan if he were to turn this deal down. Nor would he really have the motive, would he?

Now, the original ending for Crystalized, which Tommy Andreasen originally had in mind. So Oni Lloyd, right? What if he killed the Overlord and took his throne as revenge for killing his father, and then took his throne and nearly took full ruthless control over Ninjago, but was saved and spared by his friends? That's what the man had in mind. I don't know how to feel about that, honestly. It's extremely dark for a show rated for children, but I suppose that this shows gets dark often. Even then, it's kind of overkill. But then again, it would be a great answer to the emotional buildup that Lloyd's gone through in the last multiple seasons. From being forced out of his childhood to fight his father, being tortured and kidnapped multiple times, having an awful mother and losing his father just for him to come back and try destroy him, I'd probably turn into a demon and try to take over the world too. Especially if I might actually gain more than I lose, which I often feel like they all have the vice-versa of at times.