Never Produced Media

Sometimes, plans flop. And of course it happened here, this is why I published this thing! And in this case, this includes scrapped shorts, crossovers, and even a spinoff! All intriguing, but out of the budget or with a lack of time to do it.

First off, there were apparently five Christmas shorts written by Tommy Andreasen a while back, but went unproduced due to a lack of budget. As interesting and endearing as this would be to see the Ninja in a Christmas setting, this would honestly make no sense. Considering that Jesus doesn't exist here. There would be no Mary who could be told by an angel she was going to have the baby messiah despite being a virgin, no ruler insisting on everyone going to their hometown for a tax thing, no Jerusalem, no Israel, no Middle East, no Europe. Nada. Unless Christmas somehow was a canonical part of Ninjago with a different origin? At the least is wouldn't be called Christmas, considering the word's origins. But Kai actually did mention SANTA once, who originates from Saint Nicholas, who was a Saint, a CHRISTIAN. But how could there be Christianity in Ninjago? I just mentioned how there couldn't be. That's a whole spiral to go down, isn't it? But anyway, Tommy later confirmed that there was no Christmas in Ninjago, though somehow Halloween still exists there for some reason.

So there was apparently going to be a crossover short between Ninjago and CHIMA, remember Chima? (Most of the Ninjago fandom hates it or something.) Essentially, Jay would've literally been watching the show, falling asleep in the process, and dreaming about being on an adventure with a Chima character named Eris. The other ninja and animals show up, conflicted  in a misunderstanding between the two, the ninja using Spinjitzu and the Chima characters using something in their universe called CHI. At one point, their ends up being CHI-powered Spinjitzu. Then Jay is woken up by Nya, calling her Eris, making her mad for some reason. I don't have much of a comment on this, it sounds fine.

Amber Legacy was a story. Like, a book? Like the Quest for the Lost Powers or something like that. One that was in conceptualization, introducing Skylor's mother and explaining everything about her. Her where-a-bouts during the Serpentine War, how she met and why she married Chen, and what her fate ultimately ended up being. It was never released due to the poor distribution of The Dark Island Trilogy, in the beliefs this might have the same results. Albeit there was Amber Spiral, released on LEGO.com in 2022, which was focused on Skylor and loosely based on Amber Legacy, finally with mention of her mother. I honestly wished this happened, it would be nice to get answers about the previous Master of Amber!

So, this is something! A SPINOFF! Could you imagine that? Well, you can, but it can never really be real considering the budget wasn't in for it. But it had a Charlie's Angels feel, as it was female led and surrounding Nya, Skylor, P.I.X.A.L, and a new character fighting crimes(?), Ronin acting as their boss. Honestly, it would've at least been neat to see about this newer character, but eh. Giving the females their whole own spinoff media felt a bit weird considering they could easily be given attention in the main thing. It was likely that and Nya becoming a part of the Ninja team and P.I.X.A.L being in Zane's head that brought the whole idea down.

I maybe sorta kinda really very much want this to happen: a Ninjago + Monkie Kid crossover! I love both and honestly felt like their parallels as an intertwining thing would be so cool! To see their fighting techniques and dynamics clash together and defeat whatever villain would honestly be super fun! I'm sad that never happened.

UPDATE -

So I guess a new never-produced-media thing was discovered shortly after I originally published this, cause uh...

...Tea Time Terror! The original fifth installment of the Spinjitzu Brothers series, about Wu and Garmadon when they were young. It was going to be about Wu and Garmadon venturing over to this tea brewery, with the belief that the owners have a tea plant that could heal the Devourer's bite on Garmadon. Unfortunately though, it was canceled and replaced with a Lego DreamZzz book. This is kind of a meh. Inevitably it wouldn't have worked. Look at the man himself now.