songbird

It was your birthday and you invited all the people you where close with to it.   your boyfriend shuji and his friends since you where all a friend group, his sister maya and her best friend anna,  your best friend  kali, and basically anyone who wanted to come which was alot of people because you where pretty popular. 

shuji was mad basically the whole night though because there was a bunch of guys talking to you and just taking your attention away from him. Even his friends.  all of them complementing you, your outfit, your makeup (if you wear it),  just made him angry. Once it became to much he pulled you into the bathroom.

"why are you acting like that"

"like what?"

"like you don't have a whole ass boyfriend right here"

"what the fuck are you talking about. im not acting like anything i'm being polite to the people at my birthday party"

"all those guys are all over you and i hate it" 

"ok? then talk to them why  are you getting mad at me for what other people are saying to me. its not my fault and if you have a problem you can be mature, talk to them or you can leave. I'm not gonna have your jealousy ruin my birthday party. Im over it."

angry you left the bathroom and accidently bumped into anna. spilling the drink in her hand all over her.

"oh my god im so sorry"

"its okay dont worry "

"here let me help you" 

you started to pat the wet spot with a napkin thanking god that shes doesn't drink alcohol  and it was just water. 

"there it should dry up soon" 

"hey i don't mean to be nosy but you seemed kinda mad when you came out of the bathroom, is everything okay" 

"yeah its fine just shuji getting jealous "

"oh that sucks i'm really sorry" 

"its fine don't be, just promise me that you wont get into a relationship with someone that has trust issues" 

she laughed and promised. you spent a good amount of time with her. Enough to find out how actually funny she is and how much you guys actually had in common. apparently maya had to go home because she was sick and kali had an emergency.  Some people started to realize the karaoke machine and obviously do karaoke.  At some point one of your friends told you to go and you went with anna. you guys picked the song you wanted to sing and started.

(this can be any song im just giving u options)

you two had the funnest time ever and you completely forgot about what happened with shuji with andy looking you dead in your eyes.  until you seen him in the crowd towards the end of the song but you werent gonna let that ruin the time you and anna where spending together after knowing of each other for so many years. the song ended and everyone clapped for you guys. You and anna came off the stage laughing  and she went to get some water while you sat down.

-shuji pov- 

y/n left the bathroom and she was obviously mad. i didn't mean to make her mad i was just angry because all those guys where hitting on her. i should apologize. its not her fault if other guys are looking at her. i left the bathroom and seen her sitting at the bar with anna. i decided to leave her alone for now because she was probably still mad about it. 

i sat down with andy trying to take my mind off her but shes all i could think about. 

"shujiii'' "SHUJI" 

the voice of andy yelling my name took me away from my thoughts making me snap my head up in confusion. 

"what- yeah what did you say-"

"i said are you okay, you look distracted" 

"i'm fine just an argument with y/n" 

"oh damn, here lets have a couple drinks so you can forget about it."

"yeah sure"

me and andy started drinking and talking about random stuff. then people started doing karaoke but they where all terrible so me andy couldn't help but laugh at them but i stopped laughing as soon as  i seen y/n go up on the stage with anna. damn she looked so beautiful up there with the lights reflecting right off her eyes and shining just right on her dark skin. 

it was impossible to look away. the moment she started singing i instantly fell more in love with her. how could she have kept such talent away from me. her and anna sang the song with all their heart but i don't even know if anna was singing at all because i could only look at my beautiful girl.  shes so fucking gorgeous. her smile, her laugh, her singing, just her. 

the song came to an end and y/n and anna left the stage laughing and anna left to go what i assume was get drinks. i decided to go up to y/n and apologize  for what i had said earlier

-back to you-

You sat down waiting for anna until i felt someone's presence behind me. you assumed it was one of your friends coming up to me to talk about the karaoke but when you turned around you where met with the eyes of your boyfriend. 

"oh....hey"

"hi.."

"did you need something"

"i just wanted to say that um...."

he paused trying to find the right words. because he didn't do this often. usually you where the one to say sorry. he only does this when he knows or atleast notices hes in the wrong.  he struggled to say the right thing not wanting to embarrass himself in front of you. you deserved the best apology that could ever exist because that's just how much you meant to him. you where his rock, his queen, his world, his sun and moon, without you he felt like we was floating in space having no sense of direction or even knowing what to do with himself. 

"i'm really sorry, i overreacted and its my fault. if i had an issue i should've talked it out with the people that did it, not blame you for it. i shouldn't have done that especially om your birthday that was fucked up of me. im really sorry and i don't know what i can do to make it up to you but i promise baby, i promise i will never. ever. ever. do it again and if i do you have full permission to slap me"

he said with a little giggle at the end making you smile. 

"i love you shuji"

"i love you too princess"