1

Season 1: Episode 3
Dead In The Water

Camilla Carlton awoke that dreaded morning with a pounding headache. After a night out-which was technically just a drinking spree in her bedroom to celebrate finishing a long weeks work for her college class.

Her stomach churned nauseously as she entered the family room of her old home. Her father, Bill Carlton was seated at the kitchen table, reading the newspaper. Her brother, William Carlton had plopped himself up onto the counter, shoving spoonfuls of cereal into his mouth. And her sister, Sophie was rummaging through the refrigerator.

Letting out a yawn, Camilla approached the table, pulling out a chair. Her Father glanced up, a knowing look upon his face, "Well good morning to you, Camilla."

"Morning." She grumbled, taking a seat next to him, her aching head falling into her hands. William snickered, "On a bender, Cammers?"

The young woman rolled her eyes, "Don't call me Cammers." She snapped, lifting her head to glare at her younger brother.

Sophie approached her, a glass of water in hand, "Here ya go, sis." Camilla lifted her head, a soft smile on her lips, "Thank you, Soph." She said gratefully, taking the water from her grasp, raising the cup to her lips.

"I can make you my famous hangover-eggs if you want." William suggested, hopping down from the counter to place his dirty bowl into the sink. Camilla shook her head, "No thanks, I'd rather not contract food poisoning from raw egg."

It was well-known in the house that William was a terrible cook. Camilla remembered once that he'd somehow burnt macaroni and cheese, which caused the fire alarm to go haywire which then resulted in firefighters showing up to the house.

William had not been allowed to cook since.

Camilla glanced up at her sister, who was now handing her a granola bar. Only then did she notice the swim attire adorning Sophie's body.

"Going on a swim?" The girl nodded. "I'll join you. Need some fresh air." Camilla said, rising from her seat. Some fresh air would do her good.

"Camilla, swimming? What a rare occurrence!" The dark-haired young woman slapped her brother's arm, "I'm going for a walk, jackass!" She exclaimed.

At the table, Bill let out a laugh at his children's antics, "William, leave your sister alone."

"HA!" Camilla exclaimed. William stared blankly at his father, "She just hit me!" "I'm older, it's fine." She teased, sticking her tongue out at him in a childish way.

"Well, your adopted, so technically-"

"Doesn't matter! I'm still older!" Sophie reached for Camilla, grabbing her by the elbow before basically dragging her toward the door.

"Be safe!" Bill called.

"We will!" Sophie and Camilla replied before heading out the door.

The Carlton's were lucky enough to live right on Lake Manitoc. When they were younger, the children would spend hours out on the lake, playing mermaids and fishing. But now, Sophie was just about the only one who frequented the lake.