8

"Baby you're all that I want, when you're lyin' here in my arms. I'm findin' it hard to believe we're in heaven.."

The woman tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear as she hummed under her breath to Bryan Adams' Heaven. It was one of her favorite songs, and she was surprised Dean had it in his mixtape collection considering how he mainly had mullet rock.

Camilla was currently hiding out in the Impala outside of the police station. Sam and Dean decided to was best for her to stay out of sight, considering the Sheriff would be looking for her soon.

The woman exhaled deeply, tugging Dean's oversized jacket closer to her body. She was numb. After her breakdown at the dock, Camilla hadn't said a word. She had no desire. She had lost everything. Her family, they were all gone. She had nothing left. And not even the assurance of having Sam and Dean by her side could comfort her.

Even when Dean offered up his jacket, seeing that she was shivering as the air began to cool, she hadn't even shook her head. So Dean went ahead and shrugged off the leather jacket, draping it over her shoulders.

Dean was worried. After all she'd seen, all she'd been through, this seemed to be what made her crack. He didn't want to leave her, he'd tried to convince Sam to let him stay back, but the younger brother had said it would be suspicious if only he went to talk to the Sheriff.

Dean knew he was right, but it didn't mean he wanted to leave her behind like this.

As the song came to a close, Camilla lifted a hand, reaching forward to remove the tape, only to place it back in, she didn't know how to truly work an old car like the Impala, but she knew that it would start the song over.

"Oh thinkin' about all our younger years, there was only you and me, we were young and wild and free. Now, nothin-"

Her song was interrupted by the slamming of a door. Slowly, Camilla turned her gaze out the driver seat window, Sam and Dean were exiting the building, both looking bummed. She could only assume something had gone wrong.

Dean had pulled open the driver seat door, clamoring inside with a sigh while Sam walked around the back heading to the backseat. Once settled inside, Dean registered the music playing and sent her a nod, "Good choice."

She remained silent.

The older brother glanced back at Sam, both exchanging worried glances. Sam then sent Dean a knowing look. Sam knew that if anyone was going to be able to comfort her, it would be Dean.

Said man turned his gaze upon the woman, "Camilla?" For the first time since the incident at the Carlton House, she registered his presence. She turned her head slightly, their eyes locking. He could see the sadness swirling in her gaze.

"The Sheriff found out we weren't from Wildlife Service. He said we had to leave tonight."

She gulped, letting out a shaky breath, "Is he looking for me?" Her voice was hoarse due to her hours of silence. The man before her nodded, "Yeah, but that's why we're getting outta here."

Camilla pursed her lips, nodding. Sam spoke up from the backseat, "I would suggest heading back to your place so you can pack a bag, but that's probably the first place they'd be looking."

"Which is why we get outta here tonight, find a motel, and tomorrow, Sammy and I will take you shopping, how does that sound?" Camilla tried to bite back the small smile, "That sounds nice." She whispered.

Dean flashed her a grin, "Alright then, let's blow this popsicle stand."

<-><-><->

As they drove, Dean had been trying not to voice his concerns about leaving Wisconsin so quick. Sam had said that since the last of the direct Carlton family, he didn't count Camilla considering she wasn't of Bill's blood, had been killed and now the spirit had his revenge. Boom. Mic drop. Cased closed.

But Dean felt that something was wrong. From his experience, spirits never stopped unless they were destroyed. But how would they have stopped the spirit of Peter Sweeney if he was connected to the lake?

And then there was the issue of Camilla. As much as he wanted to stay and figure this out, he had to get the woman out. His gaze flickered to the passenger seat where she sat, her sleeping body slumped against the window. She looked so peaceful, as if she hadn't experienced such horrid tragedies.

"Green."

Dean glanced at the rearview mirror, "What?"

"Lights green."

Dean tightened his grip on the wheel, about to turn left onto the interstate, when Camilla jumped awake, hyperventilating. The movement caught both men offguard. "Woah! Camilla-" Sam reached for her but she jerked away from him, "We have to go back! Now!" She exclaimed.

"Hold on, what??" Dean questioned, confusion etched in his features. "You-You have to go back, I-I saw.." She paused, breathing heavily as she tried to piece together what had just happened. "Camilla... what did you see?" Sam asked slowly.

"I saw Andrea. She was in the bathroom, Lucas was outside pounding on the door... she... she was drowning." Both Winchester's exchanged glances before Dean gripped the wheel, turning it to the right, speeding down the road.

Dean cursed, "Goddammit. I should've known somethin' wasn't right." "What do you mean?" Camilla questioned, running a hand through her dark hair. "Are you talking about Lucas?" Dean nodded at his brother.

Furrowing her brows, she asked, "What was wrong with Lucas?" Obviously something had occurred in the police station, but she had stayed back in the car. "He just seemed so scared, like terrified. I didn't wanna leave him, but," He paused, glancing over at Camilla, "I had to get you away from here."

"Why-Why didn't you tell me Lucas was in danger? I would've stayed behind with you-"

"Sam and I promised you that we would get you out of here. And I intend to keep that promise."

The woman fell silent, her gaze focusing on the road before them. She let out a shaky sigh, praying to God that they'd make it in time.

Who knows what could happen to that poor kid if he were to lose his Mother...