4

Camilla's thoughts were clouded with Dean Winchester. She couldn't escape him. No matter what she did, she couldn't stop hearing his voice, seeing his dazzling smile, thinking about those gorgeous jade eyes.

She felt like an idiot.

Her sister had just been killed and here she was romanticizing over a supposed monster hunter. Camilla didn't believe in love at first sight, it was one of her least favorite tropes in her romance novels, and yet, she couldn't get him out of her head. 

Guilt wracked through her as she hummed under her breath, preparing food for dinner. William entered the kitchen, his brows furrowed. "What's got you in such a good mood?" He questioned, confused at the shift in emotion considering all they'd been through. 

Sure, he was happy to see her in a good mood considering how she'd constantly been in a depressive state. But it was still somewhat strange to him. "Hmm?" She hummed in response, pretending as though she hadn't heard him. Camilla was not about to discuss the handsome man that was Dean with her brother. 

William shook his head, "Nevermind-do you need any help with dinner?" Camilla knew he was trying to be helpful because of all the chaos, but there was no way in hell she was letting him near the stove. "You could cut up the fish." She suggested. 

The man nodded, moving towards the fridge to grab the fish while Camilla stood before the stove, prepping some homemade mac and cheese, her Father's favorite. And while she was in a better mood, the woman was willing to do anything to make her father feel better. 

William turned on the faucet of the sink as he rinsed the fish, he then took the knife and the cutting board Camilla had handed him. As he began to chop up the fish, in his peripheral vision, he noticed the water had turned brown. 

He wrinkled his nose in disgust, "What the.." He murmured, shutting off the water. Suddenly, black water came up from the drain, filling the ceramic sink. He narrowed his eyes, trying to figure out what was causing this. 

Noticing his silence, Camilla turned away from the stove, her gaze falling upon the sink, "The hell?" She questioned, moving toward him. "I know right?" "Have you tried pulling the drain?" She suggested. William then rolled up the sleeves of his dark shirt before sticking his hand into the murky water. Camilla wrinkled her nose, "That's disgusting." She commented. Her brother scoffed, "Yeah, and I don't see you sticking your hand in here." 

"You're the man." 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." He muttered, removing his hand from the water, the drain in hand. Yet, the water still did not drain. The dark-haired girl tilted her head in confusion. Her first thought was to retrieve the folded napkin from her back pocket and call Dean. He and Sam had made her promise to call if anything out of the ordinary occurred.

 But maybe the drain was just clogged? 'What an optimist.' she thought, shaking her head at the excuse, "Maybe we should call the plumber." She said, leaning against the counter, her arms folded across her chest as anxiety clawed at her. Her brother remained silent, and instead proceeded to stick his hand back into the water. 

Suddenly, she was overwhelmed by a sense of doom. Her breath hitched. Images flashed throughout her mind. Horrifying images. 

William drowning in the sink.

Bill Carlton's boat exploding on the lake. 

Lucas Barr being pulled beneath the water.

She gasped, grabbing onto the counter to not lose her balance as the images vanished. Her chest heaved as she hyperventilated. Her gaze flitted to William who was staring at her with concern, "Camilla?"

Her eyes widened as she remembered what she had seen, "Will-Will get your hand out of there!!" Before the man could act, something grabbed him, his head being pulled into the sink, "No!" She exclaimed, rushing toward his convulsing figure. She gripped his arms roughly, trying to pull him away from the sink, but despite her best efforts, it was no use.

"Fuck-fuck-fuck! Will! D-Dad!" She called, praying her Father could hear her, "Dad!" Then, William stilled. Camilla's heart dropped. Her hand went straight for his neck, trying to feel for a pause. 

Nothing.

Tears welled in her eyes, "No.. no, no, no, no, Will?" The sound of water draining filled the air. Camilla grabbed her brother's shoulders, pulling him away from the sink. She grunted, struggling to support his dead weight, and he went tumbling to the ground. 

"No!" She exclaimed. Denial coursed through her. This wasn't happening. He wasn't dead. 

But the longer she stared at him, the more she began to come to terms with what had happened. Her walls crumbled, and she began to cry. Sobs wracked her body as she clung to the body of her dead brother. "What is happening?" She whispered, "Why is this happening to me?"

It was no coincidence that two of her family members had died within days of each other. Something else was at play here. And from what Camilla could see, it was something to do with the water. 

And she knew what she needed to do. 

With tears still streaming down her cheeks, her shaky hands reached into her pocket, retrieving both her phone and the napkin. Carefully, she unfolded it, typing in the numbers. Choking back a sob, she held the device to her ear, waiting for an answer.

"Please, please pick up." She begged, closing her eyes as she exhaled deeply, trying to calm her breathing. But having a dead body in front of her was not helping whatsoever. Yet, she couldn't find herself to leave William's side. 

"Hello?" 

"Dean?" She asked, her soft voice cracking slightly. "Camilla? Are you okay?" Concern oozed from his voice, she could hear Sam asking what was wrong in the background. She sniffled, "It's-It's William... he-he's dead, he drowned in the sink..." She whispered, trying to keep her composure, but the tears would not stop.

"Drowned in the sink?? What-"

He was cut off by the sound of the door opening. Camilla glanced up to see her Father, standing in the doorway. Bill's gaze sweeped the room, his eyes widening at the sight of his son dead on the floor. His gaze then flitted to the sobbing Camilla. And by the look in his eye, she feared he assumed the worst. 

"Dad-"

"Camilla... what have you done?"