11

Darkness.

It surrounded her.

Am I dead?

No. Camilla Carlton was not dead.

Merely drowning.

But this confused her. Why did Peter come after her? She wasn't a Carlton by blood.

Fuck.

Her body was frozen, unable to move. How was she supposed to swim? How was she supposed to get back to Sam and Dean? She wanted to cry, to scream, to do something, but she couldn't. This was how she would die. Just like Sophie, and William, and her Dad.

This wasn't how it was supposed to go. She was supposed to leave here with Sam and Dean, convince them to teach her the ways of a Hunter, she was supposed to live a real life alongside them. And now she'd never get that chance.

She tried to keep her eyes open, but found herself unable too. She was tired. So very tired. Just as she felt herself slip into unconsciousness, she jolted up, coughing and sputtering, hacking up a shit ton of water. "Woah, hey, hey, you're okay. Just breathe." The woman glanced around her surroundings, and realized she was on the dock. When did I get back on land?

She coughed some more, feeling someone, presumably Dean, patting her back gently. She cleared her throat, "W-Where's Lucas?" She rasped. "He's okay." "He's okay?" Dean nodded, brushing a wet lock of hair away from her face, "Yeah, he's okay. Because of you, Camilla. You saved him."

A soft smile spread across her blue lips. She'd saved someone. She'd done something good. Sam reached for Dean's discarded jacket, draping it over her shaking shoulders. "Can you stand?" The shaggy-haired man asked. "I think.." She mumbled. Both brothers extended a hand, carefully, she grasped them, allowing the Winchesters to help her stand, but her legs were wobbly. In the process of taking a step, she fell into Sam, who then proceeded to almost fall into the water.

Dean clicked his tongue, shaking his head, "Yeah, there's no way in hell you're walking." Before Camilla could understand what was happening, she had been swept up in Dean's arms. "You okay?" Dean asked once she was settled in his arms. She nodded.

Sam trailed behind Dean, a soft smile toying on his lips at the interactions between his brother and the young woman. At first, he was worried. He didn't think anyone else should be involved in this business. Especially not any form of romantic relationships in general. But seeing how Camilla was with Dean, and how he treated her after barely knowing her, he had a good feeling.

<-><-><->

Camilla handed Dean her small suitcase, which he placed in the backseat of the Impala. "Is that all you're bringing?" He questioned, noticing her lack of other items. The woman nodded, "I don't have much." She said with a shrug. Dean closed the door, brushing his hands off. "Camilla."

"Yeah?"

"You sure 'bout this?" A soft smile toyed at her lips. She knew exactly what he was getting at. After her almost death experience, she had a long conversation with Sam about the risks and rewards of being on the road with them. But she was willing to do anything and everything to get out of this town and forget all that had occurred in these past couple days.

"If I wasn't, I wouldn't be here, Winchester."

He grinned in response, slinging his arm around her shoulder, "Well, we're happy to have ya." "I'm happy to be with you, and Sam, of course." She replied, leaning against him. They stood in a comfortable silence for a moment before Dean spoke up, "How are you doing?"