Chapter 3: The Triple Troy-Outs

Welcome back to another monthly installment of "Starburst". In this chapter, Cress and her friends are gonna join the auditions. What else could possibly go wrong?

Disclaimer: I do not own 'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series' or Ten from "Weightless". Ten and Jeonghan belong to my friend @zealous_light. I only own my original characters. Enjoy the chapter.

— — — — — — — — — — — —

The next day, as soon as the last class of the day is over, many students made their way to auditions

EJ was very much dressed for the character he was auditioning for. Kourtney was touching up on Nini's makeup.

Cress couldn't help but notice how nervous Ten was. He never really liked to be the center of attention and was unabashedly shoving EJ into the spotlight.

"Is it possible that I pulled a few strings for the audition? I can't stand to dance in front of everyone." Ten whispered over to his two friends, nervously picked on the sleeve of his shirt.

"What if you weren't going to be the only one out there?" Cress spoke out, gears turning in her head.

"Cress, I don't like that look in your eyes." Ten frowned. That was Cress's "I'm-gonna-do- something-impulsive-and-wild" look.

"Y'know, I am kinda bummed there aren't many competitions here." EJ admitted. "It would make getting the leads all that sweeter."

But hey, he's not complaining if the roles immediately go to him and his girlfriend as 'Troy' and 'Gabriella', and his best friend Ten as 'Chad Danforth' and his cousin Ashlyn is basically his 'Kelsi'. It only makes sense. Though he supposed that Cress is probably gonna be type casted as 'Martha' from the High School Musical series.

Eh, she's already in the club for the drama. Might as well do something dramatic to start Senior Year with a bang.

"You want competition? I'll give you one." Cress pointed out, before she loudly made a declaration.

"Guys, Gals, and Enby Pals of the jury, I will be Troy-ing Out as Troy Bolton!" Cress declared, before she pointed a finger at her tallest friend. "Watch out, EJ, I'm gonna steal all the girls' hearts!"

"Did you seriously make a pun with Troy as Try?" Ten's face wrinkled a little, a bit both amused and surprised.

"My older brother Zale is into wordplay and making an excessive amount of puns." Cress waved a hand dismissively. "Must be why he's still single."

Zale has always been the studious older brother, he's a bit cold sometimes but has his own way of showing affection...Wait a second, Zale is basically like Ten but the literature geek version instead of a dancer.

'That explains so much now...' Cress thought, taking in the similarities her best friend and her older brother have. Also must be why Zale seemed to get along with Ten whenever they meet.

"You made that declaration when I told you I thought Marisol Martinez was cute last year." EJ frowned. A bit taken aback by Cress's sudden change of heart, but at least this could be a friendly rivalry.

"It was never really gonna work out in your favor anyways. Besides, she's dating Amelia Palmer now." Cress shrugged.

"Aren't you gonna be busy enough as the prop designer?" Nini asked.

"I'll manage. I am great at multitasking." Cress waved a hand nonchalantly.

"This explains why you can handle making friends with multiple people at the same time." EJ nodded.