Chapter 8: A Billion Sorries & A Trillion Regrets

It's the third Friday of the month, you know what that means? Starburst updates! Yes, this time's a bit earlier than usual but I follow my calendar (which basically means next Saturday's 'Something in the Summer Wind' update) PS, Happy (almost) Malaysia Day.

Disclaimer: I do not own 'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series' or Ten from "Weightless". Ten and Jeonghan belong to my friend @zealous_light. I only own my original characters. Enjoy the chapter.

— — — — — — — — — — — —

Another day at Rehearsals

Carlos has drilled all the Dancers (including the cast members playing as Troy's teammates) to practice their basketball moves. Blindfolded.

"Carlos, if you wanted to set me up on a BLIND date, all you had to do was ask." Cress playfully teased the Mexican boy.

"Why do you gotta make things weird each time, Cress?" Ten muttered under his breath, already regretting getting up early in the morning.

So far, practice was pretty unorthodox but Carlos does pride himself in being crazy prepared at anything choreographic.

"C'mon! Get your head in the game." Carlos clapped his hands, attempting to get the dancers' focus.

"Carlos, when do we get to take the blindfolds off?" Kaden asked, removing his blinder.

"When you're able to dribble and pirouette at the same time." Carlos responded. He liked to be as possible when it comes to show business. Cress has silently dubbed him as the 'Professor Hidgens (yes, the kooky biology professor from 'The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals') of Salt Lake City'.

What? Cress is a huge fan of Starkid Musicals, the Hatchetfield series just happens to be her new favorite obsession. That, and Amphibia! Wait, we're going off-topic! Back to dance rehearsals!

"What's a pirouette? Is it short for Pirate's Roulette?" Marisol asked out loud.

"It's a good thing you're pretty, mi amor." Her girlfriend Amelia sighed softly. Marisol had invited her sisters and her girlfriend to watch the rehearsals (usually they still show up anyways to give her some support).

"Her strength and good looks are her only saving grace." Marina snorted, watching her younger sister practice choreography.

"Love is truly in the eye of the beholder." Marissa closed her compact mirror.

"I know practicing dribbling is necessary for playing the Wildcats basketball team, but why did you have to let them wear blindfolds too?" Amelia asked out loud.

"You can't be too prepared for anything. If someone in the audience faints, we keep dancing. If a tornado ruins the sound system, we keep dancing." Carlos explained.

"Tornados come and go, dance is forever." Carlos concluded with a proud smile.

It was a long practice session, and even Ten was amazed that he and Cress managed to pull things through.

"Cress, practice is over. You don't have to keep wearing the blindfold," Ten looked at his friend.

"I know, but it's comfy." Cress jokingly groaned.

"Take 20, people! Then we'll have to start preparing for 'Stick'!" Carlos announced.

"What's Stick?" Marisol asked out loud, earning a groan from her sisters.

"I believe it's short for 'Stick to the Status Quo'," Amelia explained patiently.

— — — — — — — — — — — —