Chapter 2: Lunch Break

Eh, not the best title but welcome back to another installation of "Starburst", now let's see how the student body is gonna react to the new Power Couple of East High.

Disclaimer: I do not own 'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series' or Ten from "Weightless". Ten and Jeonghan belong to my friend zealous_light. I only own my original characters. Enjoy the chapter.

— — — — — — — — — — — —

Later at lunch...

EJ had invited his girlfriend Nini to sit with them at lunch to introduce her to his friends. Cress is always fine with making friends with new people. It also helps that Cress and EJ have both been in the theater club for years.

While EJ socializes with the selected few and Ten socializes with the selected fewer (he does mention having friends who go to other schools though), Cress basically talks to everyone. She's spoken to Nini and Kourtney a few times prior to EJ asking Nini out, they seem like nice people.

Plus, Nini seems like a genuinely nice person and a step up from a couple of girls EJ had previously dated. Cress was impressed at how genuinely interested Nini was at getting to know EJ's best friends.

Usually there are 3 types of scenarios when it comes to EJ dating someone new:

     One, they would just overlook or ignore his friends.

     Two, be skeptical/jealous about EJ having a best friend who's a girl. (Somewhat justified because EJ briefly had a rebound crush on Cress after an ex dumped him in freshman year. And Cress is a pretty touchy kinda person in general)

     Or Three (the worst case scenario and the worst option ever in Cress's opinion), said ex was side-eying Ten with poor intentions of using EJ to get closer to the stoic dancer. Or just using EJ as a rebound until someone else comes along.

Also, Cress cannot really tell if inviting Kourtney over is to either get to know his girlfriend's best friend or trying to subtly set Ten up with another girl

Ten may not fully notice it, but he has garnered quite a lot of admirers at school. The dude looks like a K-pop star, and it's absurd he keeps thinking people who give him love letters are to 'pass it on to EJ or Cress'.

"So I said to my mom 'Looking this fabulous while fighting intersectional feminism IS my summer job!'" Kourtney was telling them all about how she spent her summer break.

"Did I not tell you she's amazing?" Nini grinned, clinging onto EJ's arm.

"You're amazing!" EJ agreed wholeheartedly.

"Now that I've met your best friend, it's time for you to meet my best friends." EJ started to introduce his friends.

Nini and Kourtney already had basic knowledge of how EJ is hardly ever seen without his two best friends (Ten the "Ice Prince" and Cress the "Flirty Misfit"). But getting to know them face-to-face is another matter.

"This is Ten, my next-door neighbor and best friend since we were kids." EJ nudged Ten in the shoulder, before the Thai-American looked up from his notebook and gave a polite nod.

"And this is Cressida Kormos. She's a social butterfly, residential heartbreaker, and an absolute chaotic force to be reckoned with." EJ pointed at Cress, who immediately made an offended expression.

"Hey, rude."

"Don't let her baby face and height fool you, she's been on the school's wrestling club for 2 years running." EJ piped in cheekily.