Chapter 16: I Got You (And You Got Me Too)

Welcome to another monthly installment of 'Starburst', this is part 2 of the Friendship Filler. This chapter title is inspired by "You Got Me Too" by Loving Caliber.

Disclaimer: I do not own 'High School Musical: The Musical: The Series' or Ten from "Weightless". Ten, Vernon, Joshua and Jeonghan belong to my friend @zealous_light. I only own my original characters. Enjoy the chapter.

— — — — — — — — — — — —

Sometime After Lunch...

"Hey Ten, I forgot to say I was dropping by..." EJ walked in through the front door, holding a container of lobster rolls he brought back. His birthday lunch with one of his water polo teammates ended early so might as well come over.

EJ didn't know what to expect, but it sure wasn't Cress doing half squats while carrying Jeonghan bridal style as the first thing he sees walking into Ten's house.

"26, 27, 28, 29..." Cress was keeping track of the amount of half squats she's doing but Jeonghan kept fudging her track.

"3, 12, 78, 0.97, -17!"

"Nice try, Hannie, but I'm not letting you ruin my track record!" Cress snorted in amusement, proceeding to work out.

"Who on earth even works out in negative or decimal numbers?" Vernon mused out loud, he seemed amused by Jeonghan and Cress's dynamic.

"Don't worry, it's weird for us as well." Joshua slowly turned his head to look at EJ.

"Cress is shockingly strong." Vernon remarked, making a mental reminder to never tick her off.

"Hey EJ," Jeonghan waved casually, actually enjoying being carried by Cress like that. "It's been a while."

"Yeah, I haven't seen you three since summer." EJ nodded his head, still feeling bewildered by the fact that his two most chaotic friends have finally met.

"Come, sit and have lunch with us." Ten gestured to a vacant seat.

"I brought lobster rolls." EJ remarked.

"So how was the birthday celebration?" Ten asked.

"It was fun, we got to give gifts and play some video games. It ended earlier than expected, hence why I'm here. What are you guys eating?" EJ looked around, placing his bag on the table.

"Papaya salad and Thai Iced Tea from Ten's mama. Kimbap and Tteokbokki from the Lakeshore gang. White chocolate filo tarts, Galaktoboureko, and lemon baked potatoes from me." Cress replied, pouring some Thai Iced Tea into a cup for EJ.

"When you're done, we can start our board games." Joshua suggested, "We can all have dinner together."

"No kidding, look at the amount of food we have! PLUS, the lobster rolls!" Cress nodded sagely, "These tuna kimbap are the bomb, Joshua!"

"And make sure Jeonghan doesn't try to cheat. Again." Vernon casted a side-eye to Jeonghan.

"I'm a Lakeshore Turtle, we succeed together, we fail together, we cheat together." Jeonghan refuted with a cheeky grin.

"Ooh when we're 21, let's hit the casino!" Cress suggested cheerfully. "I know all the tips to win at Baccarat and Roulette!"

"Cress, I love the way you think!" Jeonghan's eyes immediately lit up at her idea.

"Oh gods at this rate, those two would become blackjack dealers!" Ten buried his face in his hands. He was already fearing the day they all turn 21 because by then Jeonghan and Cress would be old enough to drink, gamble and give him premature gray hair.