16. chaos

It had been a whole 24 hours since Ruby and Pandora had spoken to each other. Pandora had slipped out of bed early to have a shower and had pulled on her army uniform early. She spoke to Liam as he unwrapped her knuckles, putting some salve on her wounds before rewrapping them and getting ready. "I like the view," She commented as Liam took of his shirt to pull on the guard uniform. He chuckled, shaking his head as he changed. He pecked her on the lips as they grabbed their guns and made their way to the door. "Dora," Ruby stepped forward, Pandora stopping as she stared at the girl. She said nothing, side-stepping and leaving the tent. "She's calmed down which is good but I'd give her a little more time," Liam told her coldly before stepping out the room. 

They'd spent the morning doing rounds with Conor, checking the snares they'd set for food and did a full walk of the perimeter. "Okay lovebird, have the afternoon off, you two deserve it," Conor smiled, taking their guns to bring them back to camp. He'd really done it because Liam had traded his desert for the next 3 days in order to the have the afternoon for Pandora to relax. "That was weird," Dora said, turning to Liam who just shrugged. "Well then, what are we thinking?" He asked, wondering what she wanted to do. They had ended up at the pier where Liam had carried her inside after she'd fallen asleep. They walked down, hand in hand, before she reached down and felt the water. It was warm and crystal clear. "Let's go swimming," She smiled, pulling off her shirt and trousers. Liam stared at her with adoration in his eyes, starting to undo his shoes as she jumped in. She swarm out further, the sun hitting her as he jumped in. She gasped as he splashed her before swimming over. She splashed him in the face, squealing as she swam away. "Get back here," Liam called, swimming quickly over to her and pulling her in. She stared at him, giving him a kiss and then falling back onto her back. She starfished out to watch the sunny sky, her heart lifting. "Oh my God this is amazing," She laughed. And in that moment, every pain and hunger he'd ever dealt with was worth it. To see her laugh, her hair drenched and smile wide. It was all worth it. 

...

The two had gotten out, dried themselves and were walking back to camp. They'd already decided to have waffels when they got back and go on a pretty sunset walk. Pandora was shaking her hair in Liam's face, his laughter spurring her on as they met the main path. They also met Ruby who was storming along the path, crying her eyes out. "Hey, Ruby, what's wrong?" Liam asked, the two stopping what they were doing. Pandora's heart hurt a little as she watched the girl cry but she also remembered how she'd unconsentually gone into her head and learnt about all of Dora's trauma. "What are you doing here?" Pandora asked, getting in the way of Ruby storming off. "Nothing I just want to be alone," She answered. "Hey, what happened? Why are you crying?" Pandora had set herself up now and her stubborn personality wouldn't let it go. "I don't want to tell you Dora," She said, wiping away her tears. Pandora grabbed her hands, trying to get her to stop. "No, get out of my way," Ruby pushed Pandora back as she tried to move away. "Stop, stop it," She pushed Dora back as the dark-haired girl tried to hold on. Ruby's hand touched Pandora's face, her eyes turning orange as she showed Pandora what was wrong. 

It's okay Ruby, relax. What're you doing? No, everything's fine. No, get off of me!

"I'm going to kill him," Pandora's eyes glowed purple, Ruby unable to stop her as she shifted into a bird and flew off. Liam grabbed her as she collapsed into tears, the two not moving as Liam stared off at the bird who flew back to camp. 

"Clancy?" Pandora knocked on the door, the boy called for her to come in. "You alright?" He asked, seemingly unaware about what had happened between Ruby and him. Why would she? The two hadn't been speaking for days. "Yeah, I was wondering if I could use your computer," Dora walked closer to him, eyeing up the room. "I'm sorry, it's off limits, is there anything I can do to help you anyway else though?" He walked towards her with that disgusting lady-charmer smile. "No tha- oh I think you have something on your face," Pandora squinted. She pointed to his nose, letting him try and rub it before she shook her head. "No, no, let me get it," She laughed, him chuckling too. She smiled at him, bringing up her hand and punching him in the nose with as much force as she could muster. "Right about there," She chuckled, watching gleefully as his nose spurted out blood. "MIKE!" He screamed, holding his nose. He gasped as she booted him in the stomach. "Fucking rapist," She yelled, kicking his harder. 

Suddenly, something smashed into the back of her head, making her fall to the floor. Mike and another guard were on her quickly, pulling her back and holding onto her arms. "I hope you get what's coming of you," She spat at Clancy's shoes as the boy stood up. She was planted on her knees. Clancy cracked his knuckled before smashing them into her jaw. "Bitch," He muttered, shaking his hand. He stared at her as she pulled her head from the side back to face him, her shoulders shaking with laughter. "That all you got Princess?" She asked, recieving another punch to the jaw. She felt the blood drip down her neck from her jaw. "Done talking? I'm untouchable Pandora Drakes, you think you can hurt me?" His smile dropped as she laughed again. "You don't know?" She asked, hanging her head as she let out small giggles. "What? WHAT?" He demanded of her, kicking her in the stomach. "I've already destroyed what you've worked for," She laughed. She watched as Clancy ran to the window, opening the curtain to see mayhem. There was burning piles of hay; acid bubbling in the plant holders - all the plants curling into a burnt mess; electric lights were smashed in the middle of the field, water poured over them so electricity sparked everywhere; someone had taken an axe to some cabins, the material now just wafting uselessly in the air. "How untouchable are you really?" She asked, smiling as the blood mixed with her saliva, making her teeth a burnt red colour. 

"You bitch," Clancy's eyes were murderous. Pandora smiled, knowing that any punch or kick he gave her wouldn't be original. "That's my favourite pet name actually, ask your mother," She winked before swinging her leg and arm at the same time. Both guards holding her down were now face-planted on the ground. "Honey I'm a legend, your words not mine, you should know better," Pandora said with a sickly sweet smile. She turned to walk down the stairs but the click of a gun to her head made her freeze.