17. karma

Liam, Chubs, Zu and Ruby all ran in the evening light to the garage where all the vehicles were. There plan was to snag a van, find Dora and make a bolt for it. However, as they pulled away the tarpauling, they were met with a bloody-faced Dora with a loaded gun pointed at her head. "My Lord guys we've been waiting for hours, you couldn't have been any quicker?" She asked as they all froze, Clancy jamming the barrel into her head. "Shut up Drakes or I'll blow your brains out," He hissed in her ear. She rolled her eyes but stayed quiet. "Look who it is, our little fugitives," A cold grating voice said from behind Pandora. Her eyes went wide as she felt the recognition seep into her. "Hello Dora, how're you feeling?" The Captain said, running a gloved finger down her scars. "Quite well, slightly parched if I were honest," She smiled, letting the Captain smack her in the face. "Always the face, Captain, is my beauty too dazzling for you?" She asked with a smirk, getting her another slap. Liam used his powers to slam Clancy into the wall which released Pandora. She pushed the Captain back with the heel of her foot and ran to the other five kids she'd grown to lean on. 

She let Liam's distraction give her time to slip away, past some crates and into the darkness. "Get out of the-" Liam dropped his gun and stopped talking. Ruby and Chubs tried to shake him from his weird trance but Clancy spoke gently. "He can't hear you Ruby," He grinned, dropping to the floor as his eyes burned orange. "Clancy, he's with them. Oh shit, they're rounding us up," Chubs eyes glowed Green as he fit the pieces together. "Get up you asshole," Clancy gestured to the Captain who was on the floor after Pandora's hit to the chest. He wheezed loudly before pushing himself off the ground. 15 guards stepped forward from the shadows. "Always a smart one, weren't you Charles. I've rounded up lots of kids," Clancy turned to the Captain who nodded. "How's my father doing?" He asked, the Captain responding carefully through his wheezes. "I liked you Ruby," Clancy said, Chubs trying to force her to move. "We've got to go," He whispered but Ruby couldn't hear him over her pulse beating in her neck. 

"I really did. So believe me when I say I am broken up about this," Clancy shook his head cloyingly. "I'm just trying to make this miserable world a place where we don't have to be afraid," He explained. "Where those who are special, like you and me, can be the ones in charge," He added. Ruby's eyes filled with tears as she stared at a man she used to respect. "And you'd rather run around the woods with these guys?" Clancy asked. "And a coward too afraid to show herself," He shouted, turning a 360 to wonder where Pandora ran off to. "Or maybe she just chose her survival over her friends. I mean you did betray her," He shrugged with a smile. 

His smile dropped before he slammed his fist into Liam's face, the mind controlled boy just returning to his usual position. He punched him again. Zu flinched, holding onto Chubs who was pulling Ruby back. "STOP!" Ruby screamed, Clancy turning to her. "You know it sucks Ruby, we could've been leading an army together," He shrugged. "Punishing anyone who ever hurt us," He stepped closer. "My hand hurts, take over," Clancy took off the mind control, watching from the side as Liam gasped. Blood had trailed from his nose into his mouth. He looked around just to be met by the Captain's fist.  "Come out, come out, wherever you are Dora," Clancy chuckled, "Lover boy needs to be saved." He looked around the room, met with silence. "Okay, we'll play it your way," He smiled, nodding to the Captain. Two guards kicked in Liam's knees, getting him kneeling in front of the Captain. The Captain then gestured for a guard to come forward. The guard positioned itself in front of Liam, the barrel pointed straight at his forehead. "NO, PLEASE!" Ruby screamed, tears falling in rivulets down her cheeks. 

"Let's play a game Pandora," Clancy paced around the room. "I'm going to count down from 5 and if you don't hand yourself in, then I will get this lovely guard to put a bullet through your pretty-faced boy's skull," He chuckled. "5," Nothing. "4," Silence. "3," Even Ruby had stopped crying. "2," Surely she hadn't of left them to fend for herself. "1," Clancy nodded to the guard who raised their rifle. Liam struggled, staring fearfully at the rifle. 

Then, in a moment of flickering hope, he saw a glimmer of purple glow shine from underneath the guards visa. The guard smashed her elbow into the Captain's face, his nose shattering. He bent over, letting Pandora grab his hair and use it to smash his nose further into her knee. Blood splattered everywhere. "WHAT THE FUCK!" Clancy screamed as the guard used the rifle they were holding to hit the guards holding Liam in the face. Clancy watched in shock and horror as Pandora shifted from a largely buil guard back into her usual form. "Thanks for calling me lovely," She winked before her eyes glowed purple. "What are you?" Clancy asked in shock. "Pure chaos," Pandora answered. Ruby used her powers to make the Captain shoot himself as Pandora ordered Zu to hit the lights. The girl ran over without a glove, grabbing hold of the bright stadium lights. Electricity sparked everywhere, Pandora dropping to the ground. 

She crawled over to Liam who was coughing up blood. "Hey, hey, Liam, you're going to be alright," She pulled herself up, grabbing Liam's arms and dragging him from the room. She didn't care if she got electrocuted, she was getting them out of there. "GET THEM, GO!" Clancy screamed at the guards as the electricity spiked. Chubs helped Pandora get Liam on his feet and the five of them sprinted out the warehouse. They would go down fighting. Together. Like old times.