21. chaos is coming

"Pandora, the League owns this house, you're safe here," Kate sat at the end of the bed where Pandora was watching her cautiously. "Chubs is in the infirmary, if there's any chance he'll make it, it'll be there," Kate told her nodding. "Don't call him Chubs. You haven't earnt that," Pandora scratched where her wound from the IV was healing. Kate nodded, understanding. "Charles," She whispered. "You'll see him when he's awake," Kate smiled. "You're wondering what we're going to do with lover boy, aren't you?" Rob asked, shifting from his position on the wall. "You have to let him go. Liam isn't a killer and you can't make him one," Pandora's eyes shone purple which made Rob shuffle back slightly. "The League doesn't make killers," He countered. "I don't know what Liam told you about the League but that is not what we're about," Kate said harshly. Pandora shifted from her spot on the bed. "Then what is this fucking thing about? From what I can see you're not candy and rainbows," Pandora snapped. 

"We're here to help you!" Kate shouted, "And expose the camps for what they are and stop President Gray," She slammed her hand on the mattress. Rob stepped forward, tapping her shoulder in consolation. Kate blinked and then gasped, the President sitting right where Pandora was. "And how exactly will you stop me? Killing me? There will always be another President Gray, Kate," Pandora shifted back into herself, making her eyes glimmer back to their usual colours. "I just want a life, my own life," She told Kate. "With Liam? Constantly on the run, fearing for your life?" Kate wondered aloud. "It was better then whatever this is! I had freedom, that is all I have ever wanted," Pandora matched the energy. "And I will not be ashamed or shunned or called selfish for that."

"Okay clearly she doesn't want to be here, let's make room for someone more useful," Rob told Kate who stood up and told him she could handle it. "Rob, there will be no other Pandoras. No other purples. We need her on our side," She whispered just loud enough for Pandora to catch on. "Liam-" She was interuppted by Rob who shouted at her. "Look kid, sometimes in life there are things you just don't want to do," Rob flailed his gun around. "What like being hunted all of your life, being beaten up because you want a shot at freedom?" Pandora screamed back at him. Nobody would quieten the flame inside her, everyone knew that. "Your eye candy boyfriend is useful to us. I've seen his throw things with his mind like ragdolls," Rob continued, ignoring Kate who was telling him to be quiet. 

"Lis-" Rob suddenly stopped talking, making Pandora scramble from the bed. She noticed Ruby who had walked in and heard the conversation. Her eyes were lit up orange and she stared at the back of his head. "Liam is not a killer," Ruby said, Rob repeating it. Kate just watched in silence, shock eveloping over her features. "And you're an asshole," She told him. "I am an asshole," Rob stated, making Pandora stifle a smile. "Leave," Ruby ordered, walking into the room as Rob turned and left. "Pandora, do you mind?" Kate asked, the girl nodding begrugingly and walking out the room. 

However, as she started to leave, she heard Kate and Ruby's conversation and decided it was best to stay. She shifted into a fly, latching onto the wall as she listened in. "Let Liam and Pandora go," Ruby stated. "He's a security risk, he knows way too much about us," Kate shrugged. "And as for Pandora, you know I can't do that. She is a valuable asset," Kate told her sadly. "Take me, I'll fight alongside you, my one condition is that you let those two go. I want them to have a normal life. They're nearly old enough to classify as adults. And then they can blend it, they just need a few years on the run. I want them to live and to love, even if I can't," Ruby's eyes watered. "Liam and Pandora care for you, there is no way they would willingly leave," Kate shook her head whilst pacing. "Let me talk to them," She insisted. "I can.. make them forget," Ruby wiped her tears. 

...

Ruby walked into the room, seeing Liam and Pandora lie next to each other in silence. Ruby joined them, lying next to Pandora. "Crazy thing is, I had all these plans," Liam shrugged, his arm looped around his girl. "All these places I would take you guys and Chubs and Zu. Dates for Dory and everything," His eyes refused to water. "Liam," Ruby whispered into the air. "We'll be okay, we just can't let them separate us," He insisted, grasping onto Pandora's hand. "I know that is sounds cheesy but, I'd do it all again if it meant that I'd met you lot," Pandora spoke into the air with a stilling sort of sadness. Kate watched from the door. "You really think that?" He turned to Dora who looked at him. "Yeah," She smiled. "The way I look at it, you and me? Inevitable," He smiled. Ruby smiled at their romance, knowing that everything she would do, no matter the heartbreak, would be worth it for their life ahead.