The Gathering

I got out of the water as I stood facing a fogged up mirror. It was covered in tiny water droplets from the boiling hot water from my shower. I swiped away a little patch of steam as the cool glass felt good on my bare skin. Through the little window, I saw three streaks of black right above my heart. I cleared the area of the mirror one last time, and then the streaks came into view. They were three ravens, that flew towards my heart. But the strange thing was, that I don't remember when I got them, or why I got them. I just stared at them,perplexed. But then, the door was opening. I rushed to grab the towel and wrapped it around my wet skin. Then,something walked in. I was relieved to find that it was not a person, it was a pig. It must have gotten loose from somewhere. I laughed at the little creature as I got dressed. After my well needed shower, Newt ran up to me. "Hey Stiff, there is a Gathering come on."He said in an angered voice. I was still dazed, I had only been here about a day. But still, I wanted to know everything about this place. "Ok let's go to the Gathering then." I said as he already walked away. He walked fast, but I soon caught up. I knew I was able to run, but where have I learned how to run? We soon approached another shack, that stood feet away from a forest. "And don't talk, or you will screw every bloody thing up, okay." He said with a smile, like he was kidding. "Okay, I don't want to get in trouble." I said with a smile back. "You can sit next to Emery and I,"He said as he walked inside the shack. I followed. The inside surprised me. It was hard to see with the dimly lit lanterns draping among the walls. Among the room, their was nothing, except for rows of chairs. Every chair was full, except for two. Obviously Newts, and my chair. Their were eyes on me everywhere. Some where pleasant, while some where not. This angry looking teen with crazy eyebrows stood in front of the chairs. "Alright, let's began shall we? So we have this new Greenie here with us. She is new and does not know anything." The boy said with a creepy smile on his face. "Someone has to show her how stuff works, why we are her... to make sure she follows our rules. ESPECIALLY TO NEVER ENTER THE MAZE!" His voice got louder. "So, who is going to take leadership? We can't have a dumb girl wailing around." I almost said something, but Newt and Emery glared at me, so I bit my tongue. I did not want to get in trouble. " I will show her around." A tough sounding voice said. He stood up and approached the boy. "I will show the Stiff how everything works. Come on, you can trust me right? I was one of the first Gladers here besides Alby!" The guy said. "Don't mention his name! Or we will throw  you into the maze you hear. I DONT CARE IF YOU WERE SECOND, NEVER MENTION HIS NAME!" The boy started screaming now as his whole face and neck turned red. A vein budged from his neck. Spit flung as he continued to scold the guy. "Fine, you can take care of the girl. Make sure she follows the rules okay." He snapped as he glared at the boy. "Alex, you can take care of her. Everyone, Alex is taking care of the new Greenie. No more questions, I call this Gathering finished. Now, Alex go tell her everything. I do not have time to tell that thing anything." He finished his sentence as he stomped out of the shack. Alex started walking towards me. And then he walked some more, and then, he was right next to me.