Plans

My heart jumped up and almost gave me a heart attack. The Grievers all stormed the walls. They drove their menacing claws through the wooden planks. From every room, they jabbed and ripped open the walls. We were all cornered. I had the feeling no one would escape alive. My tormented thoughts of horror were interrupted by a scream. To my left, a Griever rolled it's body into the gaping hole in the once intact wall. It rolled, and screeched a horrendous sound as it passed by me and stopped at a boy. It violently swung one of its tools at the boy. A loud shriek escaped the boy as it curled the end of the claw into the boy's shoulder. The Griever wailed, and dragged him to the floor. The boy let out a blood curdled scream, as he was dragged towards the wall. I felt I needed to save him. I swung my leg for him to grasp on to. He clenched my leg tight, in hopes of that I would be able to pull him out.

"Tris, save me!" He grasped my leg harder. When I heard his voice, I knew something burned inside of me. In the darkness his identity may be masked, but his voice was indecipherable. With a wave of anger, I started to tear my leg away. It was Gally. He had the audacity to even touch me!

"Get off my leg! Gally, get off my leg you son of a bi-" I began to scream at him, but my words were cut off by the shouts of Tobias right behind me.

"I told you to never touch Tris again! You deserve to die. THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!" Tobia's  voice got louder, as he ripped off his belt and began to slam the buckle side into Gally's arms. Each blow stung, and left giant gashes that began to bleed. He kept at it until he let go. His screams encircled the air, as he was dragged out from the wall. His head lay on the ground, as his body was forced forward towards the doors of the maze. Even in the dark, it was clear to see the dark trail that led all the way to the entrance. His screams still could be heard inside the maze. Gally was gone.

Just as he was dragged out, all the Grievers stopped. They rolled into the slimy spheres that they became, rolled out, and left the horrible sound behind. It sounded as if sharp knives were dragged among the floor. They all left, and retreated back into the maze. Simultaneously, all the doors slammed shut. They all made a thundered boom in the night as they all clammed in unison. Something was strange around here. I could not even process what just happened, but the same look remained on all the Gladers faces: FEAR. The only thing that took my interest was Tobias. His pants were down. He stood in his boxers, awestruck. But, that moment was barely two seconds. He quickly pulled up his pants and laced the belt through his belt loops, they obviously had fallen down when he beat Gally.

I was still furious with him! On top of everything, he just showed a violent side of him hat I have never seen before. When he beat Gally with the belt, I saw a crazed look among his dark blue eyes. It would seem as if he did the action out of memory. Maybe he has done it before.
What runs through your head, Tobias?

____________**_____________

It took everyone a good half hour to calm down. Newt had called an emergency meeting in five minutes. Something strange kept happening. I sat, next to that runner boy, Minho. The room was divided in three circles, which I never noticed before. One circle held all the Gladers who sat on chairs. Another circle held all the 'jury' members, or whatever they were called. And last but not least, the third circle contained a podium, as well as two chairs. Newt sat in one chair, and the other remained empty. I glanced around the circle where I sat. Chuck sat next to me, but he did not bug me, he did not even make a squeak.

"As you all know, Grievers attacked us just an hour ago. Now I don't bloody know why, but I do know one thing. Before Gally left, he had told me that all the Grievers will proceed to take one person every night until we escape. Now, we can not let this happen. So, we will escape!" Newt said as he stepped up to the podium.

"We have to escape. These shucked faced Grievers was the end. I'm done! We have to escape." Minho roared. His sudden attitude change scared me, for I have never heard him speak. Everyone nodded in agreement. Newt looked angered, but he soon agreed.

"Listen up everyone, I feel that we can't stay here anyways. It is time to escape. Will the runners and Alex please come join me?" Newt said. They all stood up, as they approached the podium. Tobias reached first, and cleared his throat to speak.

"Well, first of all. My name is not Alex, it is Tobias. But, that is besides the point. Newt, the runners, and I have been contemplating. We feel the only way out is to jump off a cliff. Minho, will you take over?" Minho nodded, and then began to speak.

"As he said, the only way to escape is by jumping of a cliff. We have ran through every shucking inch of the maze. The only thing that we have found was that one path ended, and left a massive cliff. After everything, we feel it is the only way..."

"But we will die! It's a cliff!" Some boy, Winston, I think, shouted.

"Shut your mouth shuck face. Let me buggin finish. Yes, we would have to jump off the cliff. But, we have tested it. We have dropped several rocks down the cliff to see where they go. Most of the rocks fell down into nothing. But, in the center of the air, we figured out that some of the rocks would just vanish in mid air. We believe that there is an invisible barrier or something in the center of the air. If we jump through, we might get out."
This kinda made sense to me. The only way to escape is to jump into mid air. Newt closed the meeting. Everyone was silent. They probably thought of the same idea: to jump into mid air.

Authors Note:
Hey everyone, This is one of the updates that will be released tonight! I am planning on updating once more tonight. And yes, I kept my word. I promised a surprise on Halloween, and I will deliver. But, it will not be released until tonight, following the second update. So, don't forget to tune in tonight @ 12 p.m. Mountain Time for the update, and the surprise!!!
Don't forget to vote/ comment.

Be brave all my cranks :)