Betrayal (PART 1)

Everyone seemed shocked at all of the news. The big news involving Thomas and Teresa really spread throughout the whole Glade. No longer, did anyone believe that no one could have had a bigger part in this than those two...

They always hung out together, more than ever. It was one night, as the cold wind had blown through the dark air, that they finally gave up all trust we had for them. That was the day when they betrayed all of us.

There was supposed to be a meeting, planned by none other than Teresa. I headed my way towards the meeting, Tobias's  hand around my own. His gigantic hand overlapped my small, frail hand. Every time he held my hand, I could  feel the electricity pulsing through my veins. But this time, it was the very movement of him tracing circles on the back of my hand as we walked that literally made my heart beat a thousand times faster.

On my left, sat the cutest guy ever, and on my right sat my very best friend, Emery. Her lips, like always, were locked among Newts. I sat so close that I could see her tongue press into the insides of his checks, and his the same. All they ever did was kiss.
"Look at the nice sight!" Tobias laughed, pulling me in for a kiss himself. I felt a playful slap on my arm, as I continued to kiss Tobias. Turns out Emery heard him, and decided to slap me in return.

For what seemed like an eternity, but was only a couple of seconds, he broke away and stared straight ahead as Teresa began to speak.

"As you all might have guessed, something really strange is happening in the Glade. But, I have a secret to tell you. I um... I...," her voice trailed off, as if she suddenly became nervous.
"I did this to...all of you. The maze, all of this... It's because of me, as well as...Thomas." Everyone gasped in shock. Nothing she was saying made much sense.

"Teresa? What are you even talking about?" Thomas said, as he crossed over to her.

"Don't you see? We did this to them! Remember? We helped...create this place. I've seen it back in dreams, except they were memories, and I know that... You have to." The whole crowd ceased all of the gasps, it was dead silent. Not even Thomas, who stood still next to her, even opened up his mouth to speak. It seemed that Thomas no longer doubted her.

"What the shucking crap is going on? Someone please explain!" Boomed Minho. His voice startled me, for I even forgot that he existed. I never actually noticed that sassy fellow much, for he was always in the Maze with Thomas, or hidden away in the now burned, Runner Room. He was a guy who, out of all the guys, had very nice hair. His hair even looked better than all of the girls. I let a smile cross my face at that thought, but soon it faded, and my mind focused back to what the girl was saying.

"What's left to explain! Thomas and I were sent here from the Creators as variables. We helped create this, and I'm truly sorry. It's not like we had an option. They just kind of, forced us. You honestly don't know how hard it is to witness a bunch of children, locked in water tanks, just waiting to be sent to a maze. If only you knew!" She began to sob.

"Well, I don't believe what this shuck face has to say!" Minho continued. And then, I did something that I thought I'd never do, I stomped up out of the wooden chair, and faced Minho. The tension, and the new brewed hate filled the room as many others stood up beside Minho.

"Well, I believe her! We finally have an answer as to why we are here! That counts for something!" My voice rose higher. But, no one stood by my side. I guess they did not believe her, but then right at that second, Emery,Newt, and Tobias stood up.

"I believe her too! Who really cares what they did! This is the present now, and only surviving matters!" Said Emery. And at that moment, I was proud to have her as my best friend.

***

After what seemed like all night, the whole group finally got on the same page, and said that whatever happened in the past is done. They soon re focused their minds on escaping. It seemed that Thomas and Teresa telling this actually gave us motivation to not give up hope. The original plan to jump through some invisible hole was the best plan we had, and we stuck too it.

As the days grew closer, it finally came the night of our last night in the Glade, for tomorrow we will go through an invisible hole. We had to wait so long because of the shifting maze. We had to wait for the door to finally open. And tomorrow, was that special day.

The night only darkened, causing the loud sounds of the shifting maze to boom through the night. Everyone was fast asleep, and I realized I needed to sleep to. It took for what seemed like thirty minutes, but eventually, my thoughts faded, and my eyes closed shut.

Tobias POV:

I couldn't sleep that night. The plans were constantly swarming through my mind. I got up out of bed, and started heading out. Not even giving a glance at the snoring Newt, or the Minho who laid sprawled on his back, I just walked out. I stopped as Tris's room had its door wide open. I stopped and just looked at her beauty. I loved watching her breath in peace. It looked as if she did not have any worries on her mind. I loved her so much, and I cherished everyday that I got to see her. I quietly tip toed into her room, and kissed the top of her head, and headed out back to my room. It was that sight that actually put my mind at ease, ands provided me with a thoughtless mind...

Tris POV:
I woke up refreshed, and completely forgot that today was the day! Today would be the day we plan our escape. I stormed down the stairs, and headed straight to the bathroom. As quickly as I could, I got out of there and headed to Frypan's kitchen. Almost burnt bacon and rubbery eggs greated me on a plate.

We all scarfed down the almost edible food and headed directly to equip our packs and things.

It took only a couple of hours as the darkness soon exploded with the warming sun, now fully up. It was only a couple more moments until the doors would open into the new maze pattern.

We all awaited anxiously, at the foot of the monstrous doors. The loud booming sound was heard, and they began their snail speed opening. Slowly, they slid across the rusted tracks and halted to a stop. I shifted my pack on my back, and gazed inside. This is it. I thought to myself. And then, Minho leading, we all sprinted into the maze.

A/N
Hey, thanks so much for reading. Lol I'm just gonna stop saying sorry for not updating. Yeah, it's been over two months, but I don't have any excuses. So here's a chapter to read! Like, yeah. So please vote/comment and thanks to people who still read this

BE BRAVE MY CRANKS.
:)