Gone

Alby quickly was placed under full care of the med jacks. But what needed to happen next, everyone feared. He had to get injected with a serum. This was not just any serum. This was a special serum that once injected, it enabled people to mind control. I myself have only seen this happen once. When that boy, Thomas was attacked by a fellow runner. His name was Ben. He was stung, much like Alby, but he went crazy really fast. Normally the serum was only used for the most worse cases, like Ben. Alby was not doing well. He was in bad health and it failed fast. Everyone who had the serum soon became motionless, robots who followed whoever controlled us outside of the maze. They probably were laughing there dumb heads off at all of us.

Alby had to get injected, for it was the only chance of survival for him. The burnt- orange color filled the glass vile tipped with a long needle. This was about to hurt. The med jacks strapped him down as they inserted the needle into his neck. He winced with pain. He then suddenly jerked forward and wanted to break through the restraints among his biceps. He struggled, and screamed for what seemed like forever. And then he remained motionless. His eyes blinked, and his head turned, but he was calm. Very calm. It was in that moment that we realized the serum already robotized him. Someone unhooked the straps and carried his legs off the table. He instantly walked up, and strolled out. He was gone. Gone from the Glade. It was the only hope we had to keep him with us.

____________***_____________

We had to deal with Robo - Alby as well as all the new changes. Just the other day, a girl arrived up into the maze from the box below. We were not even expecting someone. It was the middle of the month. Things were already going crazy. She came with a message. It was written in terrible handwriting. Whoever wrote it obviously was in a hurry... But for what? I can't even fathom why someone would be in a hurry who worked to put us up here. Across the page, five words remained:

SHE'S THE LAST ONE, EVER

"Oh bloody he-," Newt said as he was interrupted by Chuck who pushed his way through the faces to get the best view of the girl. Newt did not seem to notice that he was pushed, because he was focused on grasping to pull the rope up with the others. Her hair was a tangled mess. Her eyes were a pale blue. She breathed, but she was not awake. She was in a coma.

"Thomas!" She screamed as she sprung up like an undead zombie. Her sudden action startled Newt, as well as all the Gladers. She suddenly slammed her head back down on the grass, and remained motionless. Thomas was that boy. The boy who got in trouble by using his legs to run into the maze. Gally stood with his mouth gaped open, he seemed angry. With Peter right by his side, he stormed off into the forest.

Just as things couldn't get worse, the Med jacks came running up to Newt. "Newt, it's Alby. He left us. He acted like a robot, but then he... changed. The people who controlled him made him climb up the wall, and they made him jump off."

Newt had a sad and indescribable look on his face. After they said the words, 'jumped off wall' it struck something in his mind. Perhaps a sickened memory he wished to forget. Not only was Alby gone mentally, he was gone physically. Something strange was happening.