Chapter 46 - Won't Hurt

"Papa, how do I look?" 

With a twirl of her body, the little girl clasped onto the frilly fabric of her dainty skirt, then beamed a radiant smile at me. 

Her luxuriant tresses, resembling the precious hue of golden wheat, cascaded down her slender figure, extending well below her waist with a mesmerizing flair. Elegantly styled into twin tails, they were most likely inspired by Arisu--- it exuded a playful and whimsical vibe that perfectly complemented her sharp yet juvenile features. As I gazed upon her, I couldn't help but marvel at the intricate patterns her hair weaved, the glistening strands reflecting the light with a mesmerizing brilliance that could leave anyone spellbound. 

The color of her eyes was akin to molten gold, a distinct shade that bore a semblance to her locks but with a unique character. Unlike her hair, which exuded a serene and gentle demeanor, her eyes sparkled with a vibrant intensity akin to tiny spheres of boundless vigor. As I looked into them, I felt as though I was being stared at by miniature suns, their radiance and piercing energy enveloping me in a powerful gaze that left me transfixed. Her eyes were truly like the sun---radiant but carried a certain ferocity to it. 

Just like Sylvia. 

Sylvia's countenance was truly otherworldly, endowed with a striking beauty that never waned. Her eyes, however, belied a ferocity akin to that of a wild animal. They glinted with a fierce intensity that bespoke an untamed spirit, one that refused to be constrained or tamed. Though her gaze exuded a gentleness that was difficult to resist, one could not help but sense the raw power that simmered beneath the surface like a time bomb. Truly, Sylvia was a paradoxical creature, one whose captivating aura and unyielding spirit left a profound impression. 

However, what stood out the most in Sylvie's features were the presence of onyx horns that extended from the lateral aspects of her cranium, twisting inward before elegantly arcing outwards, resembling a regal crown atop her head that nested like the piece of perfection, making her complete.

"You look good," wiping the sweat from my forehead with the sleeves of my tattered shirt, I continued, "and a little different."

"Hehe," she giggled before talking, "I unlocked my human form quite some time before. But I wanted to fully master it before showing it to you." 

"I figured. Your core was nearing THAT stage after all."

With a nervous chuckle, she fidgeted with her arms and averted her gaze to the ground, twirling circles with her right foot.

"Sylvie... we need to talk." I said and I could feel all her muscles tense up. This was her first time; thus, her nerves were sure to be frayed. The complexities of first times are often bewildering, with a plethora of emotions vying for dominance. Nevertheless, in the final analysis, it remains an indispensable experience that one must inevitably undergo. An experience one has to tick off from their to do list. 

"Mhmm." She mumbled and I turned back, walking away from that spot. There was no one in the vicinity. And in the past few months during my training with Wren, I had acquired a few spots where I could do the "Task" with Sylvie and be done with it. 

If Kezzes knows about what I am about to do, he will surely kill me, given he has enough power to do that any time. However, as much as he try to appear all knowing, it doesn't take rocket science to know that he was lying. If he was an all-knowing being, the whole feud with Agrona Vritra would've never started. Unless, of course, it was a collaborative effort to amuse one another, but such a proposition appears unlikely, given Kezzes' propensity for fortifying his position of authority.

After a few silent minutes of thinkful walking side-by-side and avoiding any contact with trace mana, we finally arrived at the designated place. 

(***)