Chapter 52 - A Maiden's Conflicted Feelings.

(Arthur Leywin) 

As I dipped into the hot pool, the warmth enveloped my entire body, seeping into my pores and soothing my tense muscles. The sensation was akin to being hugged by a cozy blanket on a cold winter's day as I let out a short but contented sigh. 

The water was clear, with a slight steam rising from the surface, creating a dreamy atmosphere. This warm bath was almost magical, making me feel like I would melt and fade away---just like the rising steam from the water.

As I fully submerged myself, the water rushed up to my ears, muffling all external noises and the only sound I could hear was the gentle lapping of the water against my skin. My eyes were the only part of my body above the water level, and I gazed out at my surroundings---which for the first time in the past 4 years weren't mindless killing machines hell bent to maim me. 

Although, there haven't been much that could put my body in a dangerous state, my whole body was still stiff, the asuran training taking a huge toll on it. 

As time passed by, the heat from the hot pool seeped into my muscles and worked its way deep into my tissues. It was as though the water had a gentle and caring touch, soothing away all the knots and tension that had built up in my body. My limbs, which had been tight and tense, started to feel weightless and buoyant as the hot water enveloped them. The warmth penetrated my skin, softening it, and making it feel supple and smooth. The callouses on my knuckles were already healing because of Sylvia's will. 

I took in a deep breath from my nose, taking in the briskly warm steam. Every breath I took felt deeper and more satisfying than the last.  I closed my eyes, letting myself sink even deeper into its embrace. The sensation was like being wrapped up in a warm hug and for a moment I felt everything melting away under the hot water's gentle pressure. As I breathed in the steamy air, I felt my mind starting to unwind, and my thoughts became clearer and more focused.

While the pool was relaxing, the stares that I got from the others who were also in the pool was a stark contrast to the soothing embrace of the pool. If the pool was a gentle, warm and relaxing sensation the stares were cold and spiteful---full of doubt and hints of jealousy. 

From what I know, the green haired boy is called Darvus and from the amount of orange motes around him, he is an Earth-element augmenter. The blonde beside him, Stannard... he has a faulty core. I wonder how he is participating in the war. The leader of the party who I had an argument with, in the beginning kept his unflinching gaze ever fixed upon me all the time, not letting his eyes wander away from me. His ongoing skepticism only serves to highlight the deep-seated mistrust and apprehension that I have been encountering since my arrival, a situation that remains perplexing to me.

There could be one possible explanation. They were Tessia's teammates. And as much as might've matured, she must've talked about me. The Boy, Stannard seemed to have a crush on Tessia evident from he looked at her, his eyes full of longing and desire. His eyes followed her every move, and he seemed to hang on to every word she spoke, as though captivated by her mere presence. It was a wistful gaze, filled with an unrequited yearning. I hope Tessia notices him. I mean, after the war, she would need to establish a family anyways.  

The Darvus boy continuously ogled at Arisu. His gaze lingered on her with a desire that was palpable, his hungry eyes constantly following her every movement. It was as if she held a magnetic pull over him that he could not resist. Even in the midst of battle, his gaze never faltered, fixated on her with an intensity that spoke volumes of his lecharous thoughts for her. Reminds me of Ike. 

"So, where did you suddenly appear from, Arthur Leywin?" The party leader asked, his brown eyes fixed on me. 

There was no point in lying since Tessia would've told them about me. Posing as someone weak would not cut.