𝐈 - 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐖𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊.

- can we talk for a minute

- can we talk for a minute ..
girl i want to know your name.

- Tevin Campell

3 months prior ...

3 months  prior

——

the smell of heat and hairspray paired with multiple
women's voice's echoed through the filled hair salon. women of all ages sat in chairs either getting their hair washed , blow dried , or done. ' fire and desire ' was one of the busiest hairsalons in harlem.

the hairsalon had been passed down from generation to generation since the early 1940's and just like how it was back then, it was a place where black women could come without being judged.

" so this nigga had the nerve to try and follow me home after i told him that i wasn't feelin' the date right ? " solange's regular , ledè continued the story she was originally just telling solange , but now the whole shop was tuned in.

" girlll watchu' do ? " aida's client, and older women by the name of mrs.florence pursed her lips out asking the younger women across from her.

" girl i'm getting there " ledè held out her hand getting a chuckle from everybody " but anyways , once I saw him runnin' up to my door to try to force his was in , I was like ' oh hell no ' so i ran to my room and grabbed my pear handle and i popped me a squat near the door " ledè laughed

" so after a while that big burly ass nigga knocked my mothafuckin' door of the damn hinges, I bet you money when that bullet hit his dumb ass in the side he left me the fuck alone then " ledè smirked while the rest of the women clapped while I couple women mumbled ' i know that's right '

" so yea , that why i'm on house arrest " ledè chuckled shrugging as the pretty pink painted house arrest anklet showed a little through her high top jordan's. solange chuckled shaking her head at her regular as she put on the last layer of hairspray and turned the women around in the chair to show her the finished product of her hair.