•Chapter One•

THE WILLOWBLOSSOMS

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

In this world there is life everywhere you go and many different creatures live in it. Nothing was ordinary in this magical planet were everyone was unique in their own way. Their talents and abnormal appearance is what made everyone special.

Now, deep in the forest of Neverthorn lived a family of fairies. Six fairy like creatures resided in a tree like house in the middle of that forest.

You see, no other creature lived there since that forest was very... empty. Why? It was secluded from the population. For outcasts.

The Willowblossom family were not banished there, no, they themselves decided to live in that place. For the safety of their children.

Mr. Willowblossom or Oak, decided with his wife once their firstborn arrived to this world, that they would leave to a place safer for them. This magical world was extraordinary, but also very dangerous.

There was always darkness lingering in every corner, waiting to strike at any moment. There had been many occasions where they had to come face to face with death. Luckily escaping and almost unscathed. Oak had lost a wing one night by an attack by the Soilgre trolls. That's why Mr. and Mrs. Willowblossom decided to move to a far away land where there was almost no sign of any other living creatures there. To keep their child safe.

They settled there and as the years passed, the family continued to grow.

They taught their kids everything they know, and how to stay safe. But in every story, there's always that one and rebellious child. Now, their third born, (Y/N) had always been the curious child.

Always wandering off just to get pulled back by her parents and receiving an earful by them on why she shouldn't wander too far from home.

She didn't understand why her parents were still so afraid. (Y/N) knew what happened to her father when he was younger, of course she did. They always reminded her of that every time she would get scolded by not following the rules. But that was years ago, what if the world isn't as dangerous as before?

Her big sister, Silverrose would tell her all sorts of stories of the outside world and how amazing it was. Yes, her big sister was allowed to venture further into the forest. Why? Well, she was the oldest and the one who in the future will continue to protect the family.

Silverrose alongside (Y/N)'s father Oak, would be the two fairies who would go and get resources for the family to survive. Though what their parents didn't know is that late at night, Silverrose would sneak out and go outside the forest. No one knew besides her little sister (Y/N).

Silverrose only trusted her to know her secret, because she was the only one who would understand her.

The forest was nice yes, but it tended to get lonely. They didn't have any friends, nor neighbors to talk to. It was just them and nobody else. That's why (Y/N) made a promise to herself that when she was older she would confront her parents and tell them she wanted to move out and venture the whole world-

"(Y/N) get down here!" The female fairy groaned, as she accidentally drew a big line on the page, ruining the sentence she was writing on her diary. It was her way of escaping reality just for a bit, even if it wasn't much it still helped her find a way to entertain herself.

"Coming!" She yelled back to her mother, Mist, who had called down for her. (Y/N) closed her diary before picking it up and making her way towards her bed. She raised the pillow before putting her diary under it to hide it from wandering hands, in this case her siblings. Though it was rare for them to come into her room without permission so she didn't worry too much.

She left her room and instead of walking down the stairs, she hovered over them with a flutter of her wings as she made her way towards the kitchen where her mother was. "Morning." (Y/N) said to her mother. Mist turned around with a plate in hand and the proceeded to hand it to her daughter. "Breakfast. Also, what did I say about flying inside the house?"

The younger female sighed, and lowered to the ground. "Sorry." She muttered and looked down at her plate, which was full with different kinds of fruits. Strawberries, pomegranate, apple slices, blueberries and so on. "Thanks."

The girl with (S/C) skin made her way outside, in hopes of finding her big sister. Silverrose had sneaked out again last night and when she did that, (Y/N) would wait excitedly for the next morning to hear her stories of the world outside the forest. But unfortunately, she didn't see any signs of her.

"Hey what's that?" She felt a tap on her left shoulder which made her look to the left and when she did, she felt the weight of the plate gone from her hands. "Hey!" She yelled in annoyance once she saw who had taken her plate of food. The second oldest son, Hunter, had been the weasel. "Delicious!" He said out loud as he took a bite of the apple slices in front of her.

(Y/N) began to chase after him, as he flew away and laughed loudly. It was normal for these two to fight. Hunter loved teasing his younger sister (Y/N) but he did not like to mess with Silver, because he knew what could happen if he did. That girl could really throw a punch and hard.

"Can't catch me!" He called out, making his sister grow even more annoyed. "Seriously Hunter I'll make you eat worms for weeks!"

As these two continued to fight, they didn't notice the two chains that were launched at them, grabbing them both by the ankles with clear precision. "You two, family meeting. Something happened to Silver." It was the youngest one of all of them, Wren, who had interrupted their little sibling feud.

"Oh no..." (Y/N) muttered in shock, scared for what that meant. After all, she was the only one who knew of her sister's secret. She could only hope that her sister was okay and without wasting another minute she flew down towards the youngest and asked him to lead the way.

"Let's go."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I hope you all enjoyed this first chapter! There will be more to come and I'm so excited to write more about this story. And yes, I've been dragged to the Welcome Home fandom and I'm so intrigued to find out more of the mysteries of the neighborhood and all the residents!

I don't know if all of you are as eager as me to learn more but I can't wait for more secrets to be revealed!

Also, english is not my first language so I apologize beforehand for the grammar mistakes. Until next time! ()