•Chapter Two•

CAUGHT

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

As Hunter and (Y/N) followed after Wren, the fairy girl let her mind wonder on all the possibilities what this meeting would be about. Their parents never made all of them reunite to talk unless it was something very important.

(Y/N) had no doubt that the missing presence of her older sister had to do with everything.

Once they entered the house again and made it to the living room, the first thing the three teens saw was their angered mother and a way too calm father. "Uh, what's going on?" Hunter was the first to ask. Also, he still had his sister's plate of breakfast. Which she wanted back.

"That's what we would like to ask you three." Their mother replied back, her tone dripping with a tint of anger. She was holding herself back to not yell at their children. Mist wanted to have some sort of doubt that they didn't know anything, but she just had this feeling that one of them did know.

"I don't understand..." Wren said next as he fiddled with his fingers in anxiety. You see, Wren was a good child, it was very rare for him to get scolded. So every time their parents raised their voices at them, Wren would become a nervous wreck on the inside.

"Where is Silver?" Their mom finally asked. That's the question (Y/N) wanted to hear from the start. There was no reason to beat around the bush. "Silvie? Isn't she getting food?" Hunter replied with a questioning look.

"It was your father's turn today, not hers. She didn't go get food so where is she?" Mist started growing impatient as her worry began to grow for their first born. She wanted to think positively but in situations like these, she could only let her mind wonder for the worst.

"I don't know." Hunter replied once more as he scratched the back of his head. He knew their mother was growing angry by the second but he genuinely didn't know. Wren was confused as well. "Me neither.." He replied after his older sibling.

"Don't you two lie to me. This is really serious!" Mist began arguing with the two boys as (Y/N) stayed quiet the whole time. Not once did she make eye contact with her parents. Though she noticed one thing.

Her father was awfully quiet.

She had been looking down to the floorboards the whole time when she finally decided to look up. While her mother was still in an argument with her other siblings, she was surprised to see that her father had his eyes stuck on her only.

'Why is he looking at me like that?'

She pondered. His gaze did not waver, not even for a second. (Y/N) knew he was suspicious of her. But, she didn't do anything to make herself look suspicious nor did she say anything about Silver. Maybe that was it.

Maybe her silence was enough answer for their father. He already knew something was up once he saw his three children arriving to the house.

Especially with (Y/N).

Oak would give it to her, she was really good at masking her true feelings but he was always good at reading everybody. That's why every time he knew one of his kids was lying or hiding something, he would just stay silent and stare at them dead in the eyes. If they weren't guilty of anything, there was no reason to avoid his eyes.

Oak and (Y/N) had a little staring contest that the other family members didn't notice. The fairy girl tried not to divert her gaze from her father but the more she looked at him the more guilty she felt. As much as she herself wanted to go out of the forest, she still knew it was against the rules.