•Chapter Nine•

EVENING

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"I don't think I'm doing this right.." (Y/N) muttered while she looked at the laughing Julie. "I thought you were a garden fairy! Isn't dirt your thing?" The fairy girl tried to remove the mud that covered her from head to toe, starting from her head. She was a whole mess.

"I never said I was a garden fairy. I just happen to live in a forest where there is a lot of flowers and dirt, but I'm not that type of fairy." She replied to the blonde as she sighed. No matter what she did she just couldn't get rid of all the mud.

"Well, you did great for your first time!" Julie exclaimed, giving her a thumbs up. (Y/N) gave her a blank stare in return as she looked at Julie's work, all her flowers planted beautifully and bright. Then she turned to look at her side, you could barely tell those were flowers. The flowers had been fresh when Julie gave them to (Y/N), but now they were all withered.

"My definition of great is way different from yours. But, thanks for trying to make me feel better." The blonde proceeded to help the (H/C) haired girl stand up from the ground and tried helping her with the mud. Her clothes were ruined.

"Maybe next time we should get more appropriate clothes for gardening." Julie chuckled, still loving the faces her new fairy friend was giving her. "You could say that again." (Y/N) said, now giggling herself.

Even if the outcome didn't go as planned, she still had lots of fun with Julie. She didn't have friends before, so it was a really nice experience to go through for the first time.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up." After that, they both made their way back towards the neighborhood and went towards (Y/N)'s house. Next thing she had to do is meet up with Wally, but she couldn't go looking like that.

Julie grabbed the hose that were located to the side of (Y/N)'s house and turned them on. The fairy girl who was unaware of the blonde's actions, reached for the door knob to enter her house. But before she could, she felt cold water hit her from the back.

She yelped and tried covering herself with her hands, which didn't help in the slightest. "Julie! What are you doing?!" She yelled, only to choke on her next words when water entered her mouth. "You can't go inside the house like that! You'll dirty up the carpets. You know how long it took us to install those?"

Once Julie turned the hose off, she began laughing while she looked at her friend's new appearance. (Y/N) shivered and looked like a wet dog as she hugged herself, trying to find a little bit of warmth. On the bright side, almost all the mud was gone.

"You okay?" Julie asked, jogging up to her. "Just great..." She replied back, trying to move her dampened wings. Fun fact about the little fairy girl, if her wings are wet, she can't fly.

"You should go inside and take a bath, don't want you to catch a cold." It was bright and sunny outside, but it was very windy as well. "Yeah, I'll go do that, thank you for today Julie." (Y/N) thanked the girl as she gave her a big smile. She was genuinely grateful for their time spent together.

"No problem girlfriend! I'll see you later okay? Have fun with Wally." Julie smiled back at her and waved goodbye.

As Julie's back was the only thing (Y/N) could see, she failed to notice how the blonde's smile turned into a frown, her eyes down-casting in worry.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

After taking a bath and changing her clothes to cleaner ones, she made her way outside the house and to her surprise Wally was already there waiting for her. "Hello neighbor!" He greeted with a small wave.