A Short Visit to White Space.

3rd person pov

Welcome to White Space. 

The small pale boy slowly drifted awake. A soft tune rushed to his ears as he lay awake, staring at the familiar black string that dangled above him. However the pitch black lightbulb that was once there had disappeared from sight.

A similar boy stared down at him blankly, and it was somehow even paler than the other boy was, it's skin as white as the void itself that surrounded them.

"Sunny.." The paler boy spoke quietly, kneeling down to the ground to meet eyes with him.

"Omori." Sunny said to the paler boy towering over him, his tired voice barely managing to reach a whisper.

He felt exhausted, as if he had lost all his energy. He could barely even keep his eyes open.

Omori said nothing, remaining silent as it stared down at the resting Sunny.

It seemed to be waiting for something to happen. Sunny was too tired to understand what, but he couldn't turn away from Omoris blank stare.

"Why am I here again..?" Sunny asked reluctantly.

"You should be gone.." Sunny said softly.
Omori stared motionlessly at him.

"....Why am I still here? I don't need the headspace anymore." Sunny asked again.

...

Omori did not answer the question, remaining silent as it stared down at the boy.

After a long moment, it slowly reached out and placed his hand on Sunny's shoulder. It held it there for a few seconds, and then spoke.

"There's a reason I'm still here, Sunny."

"..Why?" Sunny said quietly. "I moved on from the guilt... I told the truth. The burden is gone." He spoke quietly, just above a whisper.

Omori's eyes darkened as he seemed to stare right at Sunny.
"You think the burden of what happened is gone..?" It whispered. "But what about what happened to Mari?"

"I.. Mari is gone. I've accepted that." Sunny said, looking deep into Omoris colorless eyes.
Omori continued to stare at Sunny, as if trying to look right through him.

"Do you honestly believe that the guilt you felt for years of her supposed 'suicide' was just gone, just because you told the truth?" Omori hissed. "Or do you not actually feel the guilt..?"

.

..

...

Sunny went silent as he laid on the floor, refusing to look at it for any longer.
A silence hung in the air before he decided to answer.

"I spent too long grieving over what happened.. It's time for me to move on, Omori. I don't need you anymore."

Omori stood up abruptly, tilting its head as if it were curious about something.

"You think you can just throw me aside like yesterday's trash?.." It said, looking perfectly calm despite Its bold tone.

"You can't get rid of me Sunny. You can't because you need me. I'm a part of you."

"No.."
Sunny said quickly in response, sitting up and looking at the pale boy with desperate eyes.

"I... don't want to throw you aside like yesterday's trash. I just.. I just want to move on.."

Omori went silent for a good minute, staring down at him thoughtfully with its eyes frozen on Sunny's expression.

Suddenly its voice entirely shifted to something a lot more neutral and emotionless rather than the tone it had seconds before.
"..If your wish is to move on from this place forever, then so be it. I am not needed anymore, yes?"

Omori turned away from Sunny as it said this. Sunny was confused as the pale boy turned away from him. Why did Omori seem to be changing it's demeanor so quickly? 

What was even happening right now.. Sunny wasn't even fully awake, but he supposed he must be sleeping right now if he was in his white space currently.

"I wish you luck on your journey, then." It said in almost a sympathetic tone. It wasn't really though. No one was exactly sure if Omori was capable of being sympathetic, to be frank.

Omori eventually turned back toward him as it stood over his body. Sunnys vision suddenly started to cloud up as he remembered how to focus, taking a deep breath in and out.

...and failed.

Before he slipped out of consciousness, You could hear Omoris soft, quiet voice echo.

"Goodbye, dreamer. Until we meet again." The boy said as Sunny slipped into a state of slumber, his vision completely fading into nothingness.

...

"Meow?" A mellow noise rang out as a familiar black cat stepped over to examine Sunnys body and went to curl comfortably around Omoris legs. 

Omori sat down on the floor and began to slowly stroke its black fur as a few purrs could be heard throughout the empty space.

Omori stared down at the unconscious Sunny, and before it knew it, Sunnys body had disintegrated into thin air. Just like that.

"He will be missed." It spoke to Itself, looking blankly down at Mewo as the curious animal peered back up at it.

...

...

Omori looked over at where the white door would normally be, seeing nothing but a blank white void as it laid down on the ground. 

The ground should have been hard, but it felt more like it was levitating. Closing its eyes slowly, the cat sat in a loafing position on its lap and kneaded its paws into the fabric of its tank top, slowly purring it to rest.

(End of part.)

(Thats it for this part! (Yes I know it's short)

I want to mention that I personally don't view Omori as an 'evil' character, just someone who wants the best for Sunny, Even if he doesn't show it in the best way.)

(I tried my best to show the growth from being someone who is obsessed with Sunny staying in the dream world in order to keep him shielded from the hurtful reality, to eventually accepting that Sunny needs to move on and face reality for his own good, cause Sunny is Omoris main priority.)

(And yes I use it/its pronouns for Omori. Its referencing to the Omoriboy blogs lol)

(Thats all :D! Thanks guys)