Two Friends

3rd Person POV

3rd Person POV

Kel slowly awoke from his rest, burying his head deep into the pillow to try to keep himself from being blinded by the afternoon light, wiping some drool that was pooling from his mouth from his slumber. Gross...

"Ugh..." He huffed, rolling off of his bed and face-first onto the floor clumsily with a thud, groaning and raising his hands to lazily fix his messy bed hair. He'll definitely need to comb this later.

How long has he been asleep?... 

Kel quickly glanced over at his brother's side of the room, seeing how he wasn't in his bed, nor was he at his desk. I mean, why would he be? it's the middle of the afternoon, or at least he thought so.. Maybe Hero overworked himself a bit too much.

Kel sighed deeply, as he slowly began to get up, feeling all drousy and exhausted. His eyes stared blankly at the ceiling, unsure if he should even get up today...
He remained still for a couple more seconds, until he heard a voice outside his room, which slowly snapped him out of his daydream-like state.

It was confident and soft, but also very deep and comforting, which he immediately recognized.

Thoughts raced through Kel's head for a moment, deciding what to do next. After a moment of pondering, he slowly scooted off the mattress and headed toward the bedroom door, pulling it open.

"Heya bro," Hero grinned.

"Oh, Hey... What's up?" Kel yawned. He seems extremely spaced out, his voice coming out pretty hoarse.

Kel rubbed his eyes and yawned again, looking out the window for a second.

"You look tired." Hero remarks, and Kel sighs in response. "Yeah, thanks for noticing, genius..." he muttered under his breath.

 "You've been sleeping for a while, haven't you?" Hero took a step into the room and shut the door behind him.

"Yeah, I guess so." Kel replied sheepishly. He yawned again and stretched his arms, trying to wake himself up a bit more. It was really hard waking up without a warm cup of coffee to start your day.
Or even better, a can or five of some cold Orange Joe! It was fresh...ish!
He giggled at the thought, but only in his head.

"What time is it?" he asked, half wondering if he had actually slept through the entire day somehow.

"Oh, it's pretty late in the afternoon." Hero replied casually.
"Wha-... No way." Kel said in disbelief, "How is it that late already? I feel like I just fell asleep a few minutes ago!!"