Goodbye Kisses

Sunny POV

Sunny POV

Waking up, the nostalgic scent of freshly made food that lingered in Kel and Heros house rushed to my senses. Yet it smelt a bit different this time around. It smelt like breakfast.

I looked down at the basketball-patterned bedspread. This was undeniably Kels bed I slept in...

I begin looking around slowly, seeing no sign of anyone in the room with me.

Stretching and yawning, I slowly managed to force myself out of the bed, drowsily making my way just barely down the stairs and into the kitchen. Hero was humming a tune, wearing his apron and cooking up a storm in the kitchen, and Kel was eating away at some eggs in his dish.

"Heya, Sunny!" Kel greeted me on the way in, beckoning me to a seat next to him. Taking one quick, swift motion, I sat down next to him and began to stare down at the table silently and listen to the noise of Kel stuffing his face with all sorts of breakfast foods and moaning lightly from the taste of it all.
A bit ill-mannered... But that's just Kel, so i'm fine with it.

On another note, I couldn't stop my mind from thinking about that breakdown I had yesterday... I had hoped Kel wasn't thinking about that right now.

Kels eyes were on me. It was a gut feeling, So I looked back at him, and not to my surprise, he really was staring at me, just like i'd suspected.
He was chewing with a fork in his hand, and once he swallowed, he spoke.

"Ehm, Aren't you gonna grab yourself some breakfast, Sunny? You didn't end up eating much of your dinner last night... so i'm sure you're starving."

"I'm not hungry."
Just stare at the table... Don't look Kel in the eye... 

I moved some of my dark, fluffy hair out of my face so I could see better.

Next thing I know Hero was right in front of the table, placing a dish loaded with some sunny-side up eggs, bacon, and other breakfast items, along with a small glass of orange juice and utensils to eat with.
Kel was giving him a confused content look.

 I stared up at the older man confusedly, looking at his stern look that pierced right through me.

"I'm not forcing you to eat everything on the plate, but your mom told me you had to head home soon, and I don't want to let you go on an empty stomach."
He instructed. It sounded like he was trying to come off as stern, but worry was seeping right through his voice.

Did he... Care about me? Even after what happened? I figured I might as well try to eat something, since he clearly won't let me off the hook if I don't atleast try..

 Slowly nodding at everything he stated, I picked up the utensil he placed in my reach, stabbing and taking a small bite of the eggs on my plate.
Hero walked away from the table and began to remove his apron, hanging it up on the door of their pantry along with a few other aprons they owned, he also managed to remember to grab his own plate of food.

I've never really seen Hero wear any of the other aprons, the other ones were mostly only used when we all used to bake together and needed more aprons for everybody to wear... Kel always made his clothes sticky and dirty without it.