Rise and Shine!

3rd Person POVSunny slowly opened his eyes as he tried to find his way back to reality

3rd Person POV

Sunny slowly opened his eyes as he tried to find his way back to reality. He felt slightly sleepy and disoriented at the moment. 

He sat up.

 What.. Just happened?

He tried to ask questions, if he could even process it. Which he couldn't.

 He rubbed his eyes, still feeling a bit exhausted and dazed even after a full night's sleep. 

He looks around the room, trying to orient himself and remember what happened in his dream..

He remembers how real it felt.. And how much he valued the time he spent. but he couldn't rely on a false reality forever.
 None of it was real. And his real friends were waiting for him at the end of the day.

He also realized that he no longer needed Omori's guidance, because he had come to terms with the truth.

He smiled at the thought.

Sunny moved the covers aside, stepping out of his bed and making his way down the creaky stairs. The moment Sunny stepped into the front room he heard a booming loud knock at the door. One that was apparently loud enough to jar him awake.

That must be Kel.

 He could tell because Kel normally knocks a lot louder and much more exaggerated than most people do, it was really easy to pick up on.

'It kind of matches him as a person,' Sunny joked in his mind.

Kel and Sunny had made plans for Kel to come pick him up, which gave him an odd sense of relief. He could at least spend time with his best friend today.

Sunny POV

I slowly open the door, and I say nothing as I see a familiar brown haired boy standing over me with that typical goofy grin.

It looked stupid on him. But I loved it.

"G'morning! Rise and shine. Sunny!" The taller boy smiled with an overwhelming amount of glee. It felt like I was being blinded by the sun itself.

I took a moment to examine the boy in front of me. He wore a bright orange basketball jersey, and beat up orange shoes. He looked like he just came jogging back from a huge basketball tournament or a game... Which was likely, since this was Kel he was talking about..

It made me happy that he hadn't changed one bit since that time at the hospital..

"Morning.." I quietly replied with a tired smile, taking a step away from my house and closer to Kel.

I was a bit sleepy and still trying to wake myself up at the minute, but that's okay.

I pulled Kel into a gentle hug, staring down at the floor rather than up at him. He gave me a tight squeeze.

Kel POV

My face lit up as I saw Sunny open the door as I greeted him. Seeing him alive and well after everything that had happened after that fight with him and Basil was such a relief... and I was so glad to see one of my closest friends again of course!

When he pulled me into a hug, my mind started to race and my face began to flush. SUNNY WAS HUGGING ME! THIS WAS SO AWESOME!!

I nearly squealed out loud as I tightly squeezed him in my arms.

"I missed you so so so so much, Sunny! I'm so glad to see you alright."
I tried to muster up a smile for him. I mean, smiling is contagious, right? 

 He gave me a light hum in response, looking at me with sleepy eyes. "I missed you too.."

I was the one to quickly pull away, as much as I didn't want to, if that hug lasted any longer it'd probably get a bit awkward.
I still tried my best to maintain a happy and optimistic demeanor.

"So uh what do you want to do, Sunny? I was thinking you could come over to my house today!.. if you're up for that, of course!"
 I asked, trying my best not to seem as nervous as I really am. However I kind of felt like it was a bit obvious, but of course I wasn't going to let that show.

Sunny blankly stared at my chest. It looks like he was zoned out, or something? But eventually he gave me a response..

3rd person POV

. . . 

"Oh. Uhm.. Yeah. Lets do that." Sunny smiled, but only very lightly, blinking a little as if he had just snapped out of some sort of trance.

Kel confidently grinned at the black-haired boy below him. He wanted to seem positive and energetic around Sunny in particular to try and somehow match up with his quiet and reserved energy. Which always seemed to work, since Sunny didn't pay it any care.

 Kel grabbed his wrist tightly, not too tight to hurt him, but still tight enough to get a firm grip and took a large sprint away from Sunny's house across the sidewalk.

Sunny had just decided he would go along with this as he got pulled along. Kel was much stronger than him anyways.. So he didn't see the point.

Typical Kel. Always so competitive and willing to take the lead.. That's what Sunny liked about him. He was just so. . .

. . .

Sunny began to zone out into his thoughts again, and before he knew it they had already crossed from Sunny's house over to Kels front porch.
However Kel had stopped in front of the door, still holding onto the smaller boy's hand and giving it a small, loving squeeze. As if he didn't wanna let go just yet.

"Um. . before we go in. . I wanted to mention that I know you and Hero still aren't on the best terms right now. ."
..
"But I'm sure he won't mind you staying over for only a little bit! Hes not too angry at you. I think.."
He explained slowly, smiling at him as his nervousness seeped through his words a tad bit more than before, however his expression still looked as confident as ever.

Sunny remained silent as per usual.

. . .

"Also wipe your shoes off before you come inside, or else Ma will kill me for tracking dirt around the house." He added with a small laugh to break the tension in the air.

Sunny slowly nodded to every word he said. It felt like he was being instructed, but it didn't really matter. He opened the door and creaked it open with a delicate push, wiping off his shoes like Kel directed before stepping inside.

(End of part.)