The Love Bench

(Continued, Sunnys POV.)

I stopped running in my tracks and took a moment to admire the tall, slim boy being as silly as he could be. It was a beautiful sight to say the least.

Not to my surprise, Kel was the one who made it first, over to some nearby bench and jumped right on top of it without a care in the world.

He motioned for me to do the same. I sighed, accepting the fact I would have to get this out of the way. 

I followed his lead and quietly walked over to the nearby bench, sitting down without an ounce of hesitation. It was hard to say no to someone like Kel. He was just too nice to like someone like me... I never really understood what went through his head sometimes.

Suddenly we found ourselves sitting in silence, the tension building thick in the air. It felt kind of like a bunch of layers weighing me down...

 I took a glance over at Kel from time to time, who looked nervous, but was tiredly leaning his body over the back of the bench.

I soon realized there was no easy way to go about it.

"Listen, Sunny I..."
 A feeling of anxious nervousness washed over me at his approach, and I listened to him take a deep, heavy breath before finally saying whatever he was going to say...

"I have... something to tell you." He began, immediately falling silent, as if waiting for some sort of reply.

My gaze fixated onto him.

...

 "Um.. Yeah? What is it?" I sat with my hands in my lap.

...

"I got something for you..."
He opened up his palms to me and revealed a small, tiny pink box in his hands, opening up the hatch and dropping something.. bitter and cold into my hand.

I gazed deep into my clutch over the tiny object and noticed how it was none other than... a necklace? A black cat necklace, to be specific.

I clipped it around my neck and watched it dangle off of me with a light smile.

"Huh.... Did you get this for me...?" I stared up at him, feeling a weird feeling fill my veins and make my stomach get all worked up.

 I've felt this feeling before, it wasn't totally unfamiliar... Back when I was younger when me and Aubrey hung out I felt it inside of me, but I don't get that feeling around her anymore. I wondered why.

"Yeah!" Kel huffs with a huge grin on his face, he holds out an apparent matching necklace I wasn't aware of until now.. the necklaces were identical, but the one he had in his palms was a white cat, which corresponded to my black cat charm.

I watched him clip it around his neck and let out a little giggle. "See? Now we match!" 

"Wow..." I smile. This time a full smile rather than a half-hearted one.
"Where did you get these..?" I held the charm of my necklace in my freakishly frail hands and examined the black cat design closely. The cat was more cartoony than realistic, but still adorable to me.