Dinner.

Kel POV

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Kel POV

We all were sitting all around, waiting for the family to gather around the dinner table. The soup in front of us was steaming hot and smelled delicious, I couldn't wait to dig in!

 My parents were taking their time sitting down all the chairs and putting the food out for everyone.
Well. Mainly my mom. She was a little crazy about the idea of making the place 'look good for our guest' or something like that... but Dad was pretty chill about it the whole thing.

Ma also needed to sit down and feed Sally her bottle before we all got to eat..
so the wait took forever...

In the meantime, I tried my best to strike up a conversation with Hero in order to break the tension that hung in the air between all three of us. Sunny still looked a bit sleepy and disorientated, and Hero was just staring straight at him which didn't help whatsoever.

"So, Hero!" I started, trying to gather my words for what I was going to say.
"How's studying for college recently?" 

Suddenly Heros eyes locked onto me.

"Oh. It's been.. Well."
That was all he said. I could tell he was a bit uneasy here, but it wasn't too shocking or anything like that. I dared myself that I would try my best to make this the best scenario possible! Even if that'd be super hard to pull off...

Sunny lightly nodded, still looking like he was trying to process his surroundings. "Well, alright! you're studying to be... a mental doctor, right? That's super cool, you know!" I beamed. 

"Its called a psychologist, Kel." He nervously laughed. "It's.. a cool field of study." He added.

My dad came over and gave us all individual spoons, bowls, and a single plate of vegetables Hero had cut up for us all. I thanked my parents happily as we all got ourselves a bowl of the substance in front of us.

Once my bowl was all filled up, I immediately began to dig in and tasted the warm, flavorful taste of tomato in my mouth. Ma and Heros cooking was always the best! It was nice and warm in the dining room, just like how it should be. It made me a bit nostalgic to be honest!

I watched as Hero took a second, but began to eat a spoonful or two. His eyes were locked onto Sunny uncomfortably. And I looked down at the bandages on his fingers that I hadn't noticed beforehand.

 I wanted to ask what had happened, but I figured maybe I shouldn't. It probably isn't too serious, and if it was, he probably wouldn't wanna talk about it.

Sunny just sat there, not touching the food but slowly taking small nibbles at the vegetables and staring down at his lap.

"..You know Hero, I'm sure you'll be a good psychlogist! phylogisist? Whatever, you know what I mean!" I huffed, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"...You're so smart and compassionate after all" I praised him. "Why'd you wanna do it though?"