Side Story Chapter 2 (Part 3)

"Ms. Sorana, according to your employment contract, you breach the clause number seventeen and number twenty-two. Clause number seventeen, you should not neglet your work and your parts in the project. Clause number twenty-two, you shouldn't use your position to suppress and pressure those under you. Else, you're fired." The secretary said without any expression in his eyes. "Now that you did those thing, Ms. Sorana, you can go to the human resource team to get this month salary and don't come back ever again," he added.

Siguro kung hindi lang ganito ang sitwasyon napanganga na ako. My jaw in my mind literally drop to the floor. Akala ko malilipat lang s'ya ng department o hindi kaya ay made-demote pero sinong mag-aakala na mawawalan pala s'ya ng trabaho? Well, if she did not know her work well, it's the best thing that the higher up could do.

Napatingin naman ako kay Sorana at nakita ko ang gulat sa mukha n'ya. Hindi lang pala ako ang naggulat sa desisyon kundi pati na rin s'ya. She did something like this, she should have known how to handle it and saw this thing coming.

Sorana glared at Yana first but Yana just smirked at her and then shrugged her shoulder tell her that she win. She then looked at Henry but caught Henry only looking at Yana. Too bad, you're not Henry's type. Henry does not like those girls who love scheming against others, she hate those who always thinks themselves first even than others. Most of all, she likes those girls who know when and where to fight or to forfeit.

After that, Mr. Ro apologized to us. Of course, we accepted his apology since he's not the one who made the mistake here. Also, we demand for Sorana to apologize to the intern who took the blame in her instead.

We started the meeting delayed by Sorana's action. Pinag-usapan namin kung ano ang nangyari sa kaguluhan na si Sorana rin ang may gawa. Basically, the medicine that Yana and Henry's researching is on its first trial. It was supposed to be given to those in first stage trial patients who signed a contract but Sorana did not told the intern what he was supposed to do. In the end, the intern gave the medicine to the fifth stage trial patient and two of them died. The families of those patients are demanding an explanation and compensation.

Habang nakikinig ako sa usapan ay napatampal na lang ako ng noo ko. Hindi ko akalain na ganito pala kalala ang nangyari.

"Ah this is a disaster," I murmured, enough for everyone to hear that.

They can't blame Yana and Henry since their only work is to research and make a medicine. It is out of their league to let the patient tried their medicine. They have no rights to accuse them.

Nangalumbaba ako at nararamdaman ko naman ang tension nila. Of course, hindi nila masasabi na mali sila at hindi rin naman nila masasabi na mali ito nina Henry. Ang problema, nasa team nila.

"So, what kind of compensation and explanation you're going to give to the family of the deceased?" I asked, looking at their eyes one by one. "Are you going to tell them that it was your side's mistake or it was my friend's mistake? Are you going to blame the intern who received an order without a proper explanation? Or are you going to put all the blame on Sorana?" I smiled at them and continued, "Tell me, how you guys are going to handle this?"

All of them could not talk. I have this feeling that this is the reason why Henry called me and asked me to come here. Hindi ko lang akalain na ganito pala kagrabe ang nangyari rito.

"We already have our own way to stop this information from leaking," Mr. Ro said, looking at me seriously. I kind of feel like something chill run down my spine. Was it because he's already experience with this or was it because he really has something behind him. "You don't have to worry about this 'cause it won't affect you nor your friends. Even the academy won't be affected. I admit, the mistake was all from our side and not yours. However, seeing that we all work together, isn't that kind of mean to only let us bear the burden?"