Side Story Chapter 2 (Part 9)

Everyone is clueless about law and politics so we all went to study about it. Yana's brother and sister helped us to study about law and politics since they're a lawyer.

Everything is fine at ang naging problema lang namin ay sobrang dami ng mga ime-memorize namin. It makes my head hurts that time at hindi lang ako kundi pati na rin sina Yana. Hindi ko lang sure kay Henry dahil parang wala lang sa kanya ang mga 'to.

"Everyone, clear the table!" the government official from the Department of Education announced.

Kuya Jared let the government arranged everything since the government wanted it to be as classified as possible and they don't want to have any cheat happened.

Every corner has a camera. Sa tingin ko lagpas twenty-four ang camera sa paligid. Three of it is on us. Sa kanan at kaliwang bahagi namin pati na rin sa harapan namin.

When the exam started, I did not mind everything around me. Nakakakaba dahil alam ko na pinapanood kami ng buong bansa pero hindi ako nagpatinag. I did my best to focus.

***

I stretched my hand upward when I finally answered the last question. Tumingin ako sa kinauupuan ni Henry and I did not see him there. I guess he finished first. I stood up with my paper and pen and went to the committee to give my paper. They will immediately check my paper.

Kaagad ako nagpunta kung saan kami dapat umupo after the exam. It was a room and it has a camera as camera that will show us and a television so that we can see what happened outside.

"I really can't beat you," I said as soon as I entered the room.

There's only me and Henry.

He smirked at me. "You're a hundred years early to beat me," he beastly said.

I rolled my eyes. I scoff. "Sa pagkaka-alala ko we only have seven differences last time. Kung hindi lang ako nagkamali ng pitong beses I should have a draw with you," I murmured as I express my regret to him.

"Too bad."

Parehas na lang kaming natawa dahil alam naman talaga namin kung bakit nagkaganoon. I admit that I can't beat him.

"I think the rest of the verdant are doing well," Henry stated as he watched the television.

I look up at the television as well. There's two television. One if for the verdant that has three cameras and the other television if for the other students.

I nodded my head. "Yeah," I agreed. "They seems relax while answering the questions."

"They are as focus as you are. When I stood up and walk in front of you, you did not even notice me."

I looked at him, shocked. "You walked in front of me?" He nodded at me. "Wow, I really did not notice..." I murmured.

"Because you're too focused." He then glace at the television again. "They seem so focused as well that they did not notice that both of us are done," he added.

I just nodded my head. Sino kaya ang unang matatapos si Yana o si Min? Ramdam na ramdam ko ang paggalaw ng camera kaya naman lumingon ako sa camera saka ngumiti.

I poke Henry and I smiled mischievously. "Why don't you smile on the camera?"

Tiningnan naman ako ni Henry at hindi makapaniwala sa sinabi ko. Tumingin siya sa camera at tumingin ulit sa akin. Nginitian ko lang s'ya para naman wala na s'yang masabi. Tumingin siyang muli sa camera saka ngumisi at kumaway.

Napanganga naman ako. "Why did you smirk? Sabi ko ngiti hindi ngisi."

He scoffs. "It was just the same."