Closure

A/N

Soooo I know that I said I'd release two chapters at once, but what was supposed to be the 'epilogue' turned out to be a bit longer so I need to flesh it out more. For now, enjoy the second-to-last chapter.

Enjoy <3

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Nya's sobs are going from sad, to relieved, all the way back to devastated again. I can't tell what she's feeling, I just know that it's hurting me; both emotionally and physically.

I thought I was alive again, why are her tears hurting me? I keep holding her in a tight hug as she quiets down, but the pain is only growing stronger. What's even happening?

And then I see it; on the floor rests her bracelet. The ruby in the middle is cracked, but not quite shattered.

"I'm sorry," she says, albeit with a muffled voice. I don't know if it's directed at me, herself, or her parents. "I just-I was so tense, and I didn't know what to do, and Kai-"

I try to shush her, rubbing her back. I ignore the fact that I'm totally freaking out as well right now. "It's okay. You didn't do anything wrong! Here, I'll fix it!"

I run towards the ruby and pick up a large chunk from the floor. For a split second, my hand goes through it, and I yelp; I don't let Nya see it.

When I pick it up again, it instead falls, engraving a nice, red cut on my palm. I hate being alive.

I clutch my palm in pain and roll onto the ground, sitting down and holding my breath. I attempt to smile at Nya, but all I let out is a series of 'ouches' and 'ahs'. Very cool of you, Jay.

She kneels down next to me. "Are you hurt?" The tone of her voice changes so suddenly that she startles me. I don't even get to open my mouth before she pulls my hand, revealing the even redder cut on my palm. I gasp.

"You're bleeding," she says. She paces around the room, tapping her head. "Patches, patches, patches..." she repeats over and over. She stops. "Scratch that, I know who has patches. It's not very far from here just hold on-"

She reaches for my hand. She passes through it.

There is a single moment where we both freeze and stare at each other. We're both just as confused, bug-eyed, and shocked.

Her voice lowered to a frustrated grumble. "It was supposed to fix you!" she says, and I can practically see the smoke pouring out of her ears already. "You're a ghost? Now?"

"I mean, who knows! I-I'm bleeding-That's a living-person thing, right?"

"Let's go treat your hand first."

I bite my tongue and nod. To think that I was almost in her arms again. I miss her hug already. Does she miss mine?

Probably not the best thing to think of when you're bleeding, Jay.

But I swear that my senses were coming back to me. I could smell her shampoo, I could feel her tears, her hug-But I still pass through things and who knows what else!

What even am I anymore?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Nya barges into the shop and I follow shortly behind her.

"Wu!" she shouts. "I need some patches, now!"

For a traditional tea shop, the place was far from full. It was void of any costumers; good for me since, to most people, my hands and feet are literally non-existent.