4

For a while, the guys stayed here too long. Amy was talking to Knuckles, trying to get information out of him. Tails and Barry listened to the guys' dialogue, and Shadow... fell asleep. He was so tired of listening to them that when he could no longer concentrate on his thoughts, he decided to sleep, comfortably laying his head on his hands. Closing his eyes, the hedgehog had a dream...

***

Great power was transmitted through the hands of the golden hedgehog, who was struggling to stop the huge space station. Next to him was another hedgehog who helped him. All the forces were spent on containing the ARK colony, which could fall and destroy the earth, but the guys were strong and stopped the station before the fall. The red-gold hedgehog felt that his strength was running out, but he kept his hands in place. You can't let anyone down, for her. For him.

- Chaos control! - The energy restrained the massive station, but the forces were not enough to delay. A white light enveloped the two creatures.

Opening their eyes, they looked at each other. Black and scarlet hedgehog saw the gradient on the blue hedgehog, the tips of the needles were golden, and the eyes shone red on green. He was obviously ready. Black hedgehog too. At the last moment, when they nodded to each other, the hedgehogs grabbed hands and shouted "Chaos control!".

Everything was fast. As soon as the station returned to its place, the black and scarlet hedgehog began to breathe heavily, and then slowly fall.

- SHADOW! - blue hedgehog grabbed the black hedgehog by the hand - I won't let you fall!

- #####... Let me go, we're going to fall together! - The hedgehog tried to pull his hand away, but his friend held him tightly. You can't leave it like this, he will live!

- Shadow! I won't let you go! You must live, everyone must! At least live for me... - ##### held the black hedgehog so tightly, as if at any moment he would simply dissolve. Shadow was persistent, and pulling his hand out of captivity, rushed down.

- SHADOOOOOOOOW!!! - a shrill cry came out of the blue hedgehog when the striped fellow sank far to the bottom.

- Maria, this is what you wanted, right? It's a my promise I made to you... - Someone was shouting, but he did not understand it, as he was plunged into darkness.

***

Shadow looked up sharply, seeing a picture from the past. Why did he dream it? No one knows. The hedgehog pretended that he was not asleep, and turned to the others, who had just finished talking.

- We need to interrogate Vector! Guys, let's go! - Amy gave the order, and the fox and Barry followed her. Shadow got up from the table and followed them, and echidna returned to playing on the slot machine.

***

- Knuckles didn't give me any leads, but I'm sure I can find out more from others! - the girl shared her impressions, and the guys just nodded to her. The black and scarlet hedgehog decided to think about who could be the killer. That's why they came to the library. Remembering his adventures on the cars, the hedgehog remembered that he had not seen some in their places. The same Rouge, Vector... Espio. He didn't see Espio in his car, and he wasn't in the others either. Shadow decided to watch the chameleon, because he was the most under suspicion. Amy ran up to Vector, who was sitting on his knees with his palms folded, as if praying to Espio not to scold.

- Oh, guys! Can you spare us some time? - the girl looked friendly, Espio released the crocodile, who sighed with relief.

- Amy! How can I help you? Wow! Is Shadow with you? I thought he had gone to his room a long time ago - the crocodile greeted the pink hedgehog in a friendly way, and word by word, they began to talk non-stop.