Chapter 4: Cyrax

Cyrax can be seen walking along the bridge above the pit. Then a growl attracts his attention. He turns around to see Baraka alongside a tall woman with four arms named Sheeva.

"What are you doing? I'm not here to fight you. I'm assigned to kill Johnny Cage." Cyrax asks.

"Shang Tsung no longer has need of you." Sheeva informs.

She then holds two of her arms up to stop Baraka from intervening.

"What do you mean?" Cyrax asks.

"He is terminating your agreement. And you!" Sheeva replies.

They then fight. Although unprepared to take on a member of the Shokan race, Cyrax and his weapons prove to be up to the challenge. After a heated fight, he manages to defeat Sheeva.

"I need to have a talk with your master." Cyrax says.

Baraka then roars and charges forward, his arm blades unsheathed.

"This fight is not over." Baraka says.

"You mean to finish me? You couldn't even stop the actor!" Cyrax laughs

They then fight. Baraka's fury, as ferocious as his blades, is still not enough to defeat Cyrax's tricks and skill. The Tarkatan nomad is soon lying on the floor next to Sheeva.

"Now this fight is over. Shang Tsung has turned on me. I need to find out why." Cyrax says before leaving to search for Shang Tsung.

Back in the arena, Shang Tsung is talking with Sektor. Cyrax looks over to Raiden, who greets him with a nod. Cyrax then walks over to Sektor and Shang Tsung.

"Sektor, we need to talk. Our host tried to have me killed." Cyrax says.

"You were speaking with the Thunder God. Your indiscretion has jeopardized my plan." Shang Tsung says.

"Cyrax is Lin Kuei. He will complete his task." Sektor assured.

"We shall see. The next match will be Cyrax versus Johnny Cage." Shang Tsung announces.

"What, me? All right then." Johnny says as he then steps up to the arena floor.

"Not everyone gets to rumble with a celebrity. Ready for your beatdown, Sunshine? Here it comes!" Johnny says as he assumes his fighting stance.

They then fight. The battle is an intense display of martial arts and dirty tricks, but in the end Cyrax manages to emerge victorious.

"That should shut you up." Cyrax says to the downed actor.

Cyrax then stalks over to Cage and lifts him up by the neck, preparing to land a final blow.

"Finish him!" Shang Tsung commands.

Cyrax looks over to Tsung, then to Raiden, who shakes his head. He makes his decision.

"I won't kill him!" Cyrax announces.

He lets Cage down and walks off. Shang Tsung glares in fury, but Raiden nods his approval. Sektor watches his comrade leave with disdain on his face. Later in the day, Sektor is with Cyrax talking in the jungle about what happened.

"You were commanded to kill Johnny Cage. You disobeyed." Sektor says.

"I eliminated him from the tournament. He didn't need to die." Cyrax says.

"You have broken your oath." Sektor says.

"I used my judgment!" Cyrax insists.

"The Cyber Initiative will eliminate insubordination." Sektor says.

"We're not machines, Sektor. I chose to serve the Lin Kuei. But I will not surrender my free will!" Cyrax says.

They then start to fight. The fight between the two technologically advanced assassins is brutal and deadly, but in the end it is Cyrax who defeats Sektor.

"Tell the GrandMaster I am finished." Cyrax says.

"No one leaves the Lin Kuei–" Sektor says before Cyrax responds by kicking Sektor in the face, knocking him unconscious.

He then walks off, but he will learn in time that his time with the Lin Kuei is far from over.