Chapter 10: Jade

In the Armoury, Baraka and another Tarkatan are inspecting a crate of shotguns.

"That is all of them." Baraka says.

Baraka then puts his shotgun in the crate. The other Tarkatan, fiddling with a shotgun of his own, points the barrel directly in Baraka's face. Angrily, Baraka swipes the gun from him.

"That is no toy! It belongs to Shang Tsung! We are finished. Return to your post." Baraka orders.

The Tarkatan then walks off. Baraka places the shotgun in the crate and turns to spot Jade walking toward him.

"Stand aside. I will see Kitana." Jade orders.

"No one enters the Tower." Baraka says.

"You are an excellent guard dog, Baraka. But you must learn to heel." Jade says.

"I do not take orders from you." Baraka says.

They then fight. While a vicious fighter, Baraka is unprepared to deal with Jade's agility and her reach with her staff and boomerangs. After an intense battle, Jade soon has the Tarkatan down on the ground.

"Good boy." Jade mocks.

Baraka groans as Jade walks over to him.

"Edenians have no loyalty." Baraka says.

"Blind loyalty is not a good thing, as I have learned. You must keep your eyes open-- to anticipate the finishing blow." Jade says.

"What are you talki–" Baraka says before Jade then interrupts him by stamping on his face, knocking him out.

"You make it too easy." Jade says

She then walks off. In the Tower, Kitana is magically bound to a statue with Sheeva standing over her as her jailer.

"If you had not dishonoured yourself by–" Sheeva says before being cut off.

"Jade!" Kitana calls out.

Sheeva turns to face the newcomer.

"My orders are clear. No one is allowed in the Tower." Sheeva says.

"As you can see, I am here." Jade says.

"Here to help the princess escape! You would deny her execution? The only means of regaining her honour?" Sheeva asks.

"We have very different concepts of honour, Shokan." Jade replies.

They then start their fight. Much like Baraka before her, Sheeva has quite the difficulty fighting someone with as much agility and reach as Jade does, even with two extra arms to help her. The battle soon ends with Sheeva unconscious.

"Not much of a jailor, are you?" Jade asks, knowing she isn't going to get an answer.

She then turns towards Kitana.

"Now then, Your Highness, let us see how quickly we can remove these bonds." Jade says, trying to free Kitana.

"Jade, I..." Kitana says.

"I am too." Jade says.

Before she can continue, she hears a sound from behind the door to the Tower.

"Stop her!" Baraka orders

"Do not let her get away!" Mileena yells.

"Go. Find Raiden. Ask for his help." Kitana asks.

With no choice, Jade does as Kitana asks. Later, Jade has just finished running from several unseen assailants and ended up in the wastelands.

"That should distance me from any pursuers." Jade says.