Chapter 9: Kitana

(In this chapter, we officially bring in the OC.)

Back in the Wastelands, Kitana and Jade are conversing.

"Is this how you show your loyalty, Jade?" Kitana asks.

"Kitana, I–" Jade tries to answer but Kitana cuts her off.

"You follow me when I clearly wish to be alone, then you upbraid me? I will not be scolded like some child!" Kitana scoffs.

"You need to be careful. I have never seen your father this angry with you." Jade warns.

Kitana dismisses this advice and begins to walk away before stopping when Jade speaks again.

"You are a princess. He expects more from you than this." Jade informs.

"I know what he expects!" Kitana snaps.

"We will talk later. When you are in more of a mind to listen." Jade says before walking off, leaving Kitana alone.

At the sound of a lightning flash, Kitana turns around to face Raiden, Johnny Cage and Smoke.

"Princess Kitana. I request an audience." Raiden requests.

"Earthrealmers! You dare approach me?" Kitana asks.

"Hey listen, honey, we don't wanna fight." Johnny says.

"But we will if we must!" Smoke warns.

"You will learn respect!" Kitana says.

The three warriors then start to fight. Both Johnny Cage and Smoke find out the hard way that this was the wrong time to approach Kitana. Caught off guard by her furious assault, both of them are soon lying on the ground in front of her.

"Shao Kahn wants death to follow kombat. I will give it to him." Kitana promises.

"Perhaps Liu Kang was wrong about you. Or perhaps he sensed, as I do, that there is conflict within you." Raiden says to Kitana before helping Johnny get back to his feet.

"Thanks. Ow. You couldn't have seen that in one of your hot flashes?" Johnny asks.

Johnny then walks off to help Smoke back up, leaving Raiden and Kitana alone.

"Something whispers to you that circumstances should be different. That you should be different. You are much more like Sindel than Shao Ka–" Raiden says before seeing another vision, one of Sindel brainwashed and screaming. "But... she is dead..." Raiden says.

"My mother is dead, yes. Why do you–" Kitana asks before being cut off.

"You need answers, Kitana. I can help you find them, if you will trust in me. Go to Shang Tsung's Flesh Pits. Much will be revealed there." Raiden suggests.

"The Flesh Pits? But I am forbidden to–" Kitana says before being cut off.

"Yes. You are. And why is that?" Raiden asks.

"I... don't know. Tell me–" Kitana says before being cut off again.

"You must discover your true path. Alone." Raiden says before he walks off and teleports away.

Later, Kitana is walking through the Living Forest. She then looks around and then comes to a standstill.

"Show yourself, Jade. I know you're following me. Again." Kitana says.

Jade then comes out of where she was hiding and walks in front of her.

"Following you still. I know where you're going. I am ordered to prevent you from going there." Jade says.