crave

i run, and i run. when i finally reach my car; i turn around, i knew he was there. I should've known i can't out run him. He's fucking everywhere. i want to be anywhere but here, with him. my heart breaks more the longer i'm in his presence. he is so fucked up, how can he torture me like that? How did i torture people like that?

"Going somewhere?" Kai smirks, he towers over me since i'm so much smaller than he is. His eyes are back to his original icy grey. He leans forward trying to intimidate me, my already heavy breathing hitches and my heart is beating like i never knew it could. His breath running down my neck, his lips lingering around my ear. My eyes closed, dreading this feeling. i didn't even notice his hand in his pocket digging out a sedative pen until it was too late.

"Goodnight, sweetie."

****

"Karma.... Karma.. hey Karma, wake up.." A familiar scent of breakfast, and Kai.. wait.

"What the hell?" I sit up straight, first looking at kai and then taking a look around the room. kai is laid on his side propped up by his elbow and the room is massive with beautiful wooden furniture... "where am i?"

"Do you like it? It's your new room." his smile beams with joy. i purse my lips trying to decide whats wrong with kai. honestly, he needs to decide what he's doing, he can't just keep fucking with my head. "anyways, i made breakfast. so come downstairs when you're ready!" He slides off the bed and dismisses himself out of the room.

Kai is surprising, within seconds this can all turn for the worst. is he trying to make up for the shitty things he's done? Its gonna take a lot more than breakfast...and a nice place to live. i should atleast give him a chance? He's trying to make up for it, it would only be fair. Nobody was fair with me, they just locked me away.

"i'll be taking a shower..." he walks over to the door before adding, "if you wanna join you can." i smile, he doesn't want that. i go to his bedside table taking the money out of his wallet. just enough to get me to the next city. finding my clothes i get dressed, i look around making absolutely sure i'm not forgetting anything. i reach for the door, my magic swirls and i'm hungry, it's hungry.

He fucking tortured me. i have to remind myself over and over again. "You're quite bipolar." i state, walking into the kitchen.

"Same could be said for you." he stuffs a forkful of pancake in his mouth. he notices me staring, and motions me to eat off the plate next to his, i begin to ponder over what he said - mindlessly eating in the process. Hes right, I keep going from intimidating to fearful within seconds. all the while, he's going from kind to mean within the same amount of time. 

"who's house is this?" i ask only because it's gorgeous home, it's truly admirable. 

"it's called the salvatore boarding house, i don't remember how i came to find it- i guess i was drawn here." he simply states zoning out in front of him. salvatore boarding house, hmm..?

i take a steak knife the b&b had provided last night when we came in. "this should be enough.." walking into the bathroom, listening to his playful humming.

"i knew you would join." in swift movements, there was now no way he could speak. he had fallen to his knees holding his throat.

"how could i resist?"

"why did you get sent here?" i never got a chance to ask earlier when he mentioned it.

"oh yeah, that." he slid the newspaper in between us and pointed to an article about a family in portland, "this is why." i could feel him watching me, waiting for my response- he murdered his siblings. 

"why'd you do it?" my voice is quiet, "i might be a murderer but i didn't kill anyone in my coven- let alone any of my siblings or family for that matter." 

"they called me an abomination, being mistreated by your entire fami-coven it makes you question if it was true." his voice cracks- he gives himself a small amount of time before he recovers and continues, "i found out that my parents had another set of twins for leadership instead of me and my sister, josette- because of what i am. that's when i just snapped." i empathize for him- feeling my chest ache for his pain. "what about you? why are you here?" 

"i murdered most of france." i respond emotionless and dull, "there was no reason other than i wanted to." he seems surprised, but soon he just nods as if to say, 'not bad.' "i am a horrible person, after what you did to me-tortured me, i realised that i did that to so many innocent people and so many people lost their lives in fear. i would hate to die like that." it feels harder to breathe- mostly because everytime i breathe in, i am swallowing every bit of emotion that threatens to come out. "Do you really think we could get along?" I ask unintentionally, "i just was wondering your honest opinion." i look at him and into his soft blue eyes-

"Yeah, i think maybe we could." my eyebrows furrow, deciding whether or not to be with him is such a strange thing.

"why would i trust you?"

"you shouldn't." 

I begin shoving another, forkful of pancake into my mouth. i actually want to kill him. with that small thought i slide the fork out of my mouth and into his neck, twisting. this makes him choke out in surprise, trying to push me away. Awarding his behavior with a grin from me as i take him to the floor. i take the fork out and move down to his chest stabbing the fork just between a set of ribs. 

beautiful noises erupt from his mouth. how could anyone not love this? not crave this?

i grab a fresh fork as i return to my pancakes and wait for his revival. i assume, within minutes he'll be back and asking me why i killed him. especially, after our heart touching morning together. i sigh, i need more syrup.