rollercoaster

i wake up in pain not just physical but emotional. i find that i'm laying in my bed- such a comfortable thing it is- Kai must've brought me up here after he shot me. a positive and a negative doesn't always rule one another out. we just found out that we have a strong past together so he shoots me and puts me in bed. that doesn't balance out. shaking my head, i whimper out in pain. my body is so stiff, i've died 3 times in the last 24 hours because of him. 

i knew Kai was different from the moment we met but i didn't know he was a gemini, i feel the need to apologise for how things went down between us. it should've been different, we should've met outside of the prison world and introduced to each other by our covens. instead of going downstairs-and actually apologise to him- i lay down staring at the ceiling like it has the answers to my new found problem. i groan in frustration causing a few small things to break from the revival of my magic. it's nice to know that he never takes all of it. 

i grow numb finally allowing myself to get up, going to the open area where the bath is and letting the water run. digging through the drawers i find a loose top and some sweats. i know what i have to do; i am going to deal with this like a normal person would, for once in my life.

since, i can't kill him, like ever again.

****

"Kai?" i walk downstairs, the anxiety starts to rise and my throat wants to close up. being myself i force myself to be strong and show no weaknesses and no emotion. 

"yes?" he rounds the nearest corner only to lean on the wall, i bite my bottom lip. i really don't like this.

"i wanted to apologise for the rough start." the words make my nose crinkle in disgust, "i didn't know you were a gemini. i would've treated you differently." holding eye contact is hard to do when you know the other person is waiting for you to falter- which could happen at any given time. i make sure stand with good posture with my hands folded behind me. mother would be proud. 

"you wanna know what i think?"  watching him take his weight off the wall and walk towards me until we are inches apart, "i think.." he tucks a small strand of my wet hair behind my ear, he is towering over me,keeping myself still because if i moved -even slightly- we'd touch. i cannot deny that i want to move. "i think you're pathetic." the words send chills down my spine and tears prick at my eyes, causing all other thoughts to wither. my face is cupped in between his hands- holding me so i look at him and watch his features, i notice his light blue eyes pursue the icy grey ones i've come to know. "you have no idea what you're in for, and i will personally make your eternity in prison, hell of a lot worse than it is now." my breathing gets heavier, his words make me sad but why he is saying these things makes me furious- an emotion that simply controls me. "you are beneath me, you are here to repay my coven." i find no truth or conviction in his words, clearly he wants me to blow up. 

i push his chest making him stumble a few steps back, "exactly, i am suppose to repay you're coven not you. and you can't blame me for not being a bennett!" i surprise myself, suppressing my anger is not done easily. i can feel my eyes grow red and puffy- i'm showing my sadness, a weakness. 

"and i thought you were going to cry, i must say you keep surprising me." the tone in his voice and the smirk on his lips make me wanna.. the house is dead silent after it endears the noise of me bitch-slapping him across the face. the red mark starting to grow on his skin makes me laugh. "eternity with you is going to be fun." 

"you're a sick twisted son of a bitch, and my coven thought i was bad. they clearly didn't meet you." I cross my arms, glaring at kai before going back to smiling. 

"I feel honored to beat you at something." he rolls his eyes, "truly." he purses his lips before smiling and casually throwing me a wink. I can't explain but i felt a pull between us. Did our families really put us in here for a reason? i ask myself the same question over and over but i don't think i will ever be able to answer it. i don't believe Kai could be able to answer it either. maybe he asks himself the same question. 

"this talk isn't exactly how i imagined it to go." i sit on the nearest couch, still happen to be smiling. 

"really? and how did you imagine it going?" Kai says as he sits next to me, barely giving any space between us. 

"nothing like this, its been kind of a roller coaster if you think about it." i look to him and his features have soften but my handprint is prominent against his skin. i let out a soft giggle looking to at my lap to hide my face- i feel the heat rise in my cheeks. 

"you wanna elaborate on that?" he asks while shuffling himself so his entire body faces mine, he sits with his legs crossed and his hands folded in his lap. i move myself as well until i'm mirroring him. 

"well first i was anxious before talking to you then everything between then and now- was fast, scary and dreadful, and now i feel as if it was unreal and i know that i'm gonna end up back on that ride soon or later." i bite my lower lip, our families definitely put us in here together for a reason; i conclude. 

"you're just as bipolar as me." he makes a reference towards yesterday morning which now seems like ages ago. "you should never feel anxious about talking to me or expressing yourself around me. you should feel free not only because of who we are but where we are." he takes my hands in his, the sincerity in him is questionable. his thumbs trace over my knuckles before pulling my hands, absentmindedly i follow the pull. when i'm close enough he places my hands behind him and places his on my bum, he leans back laying on the couch arm and pushing me on top of him. one of his hands are still on my bum and the other is going back and forth between holding my hand and playing with my fingers. 

"why did you do this?" i look up into his eyes-which know have changed to a darker and deeper blue; very sensual.- i admire him for becoming so open towards me in the short amount of time we've known each other.

"my only reason is because i want to."