Broken halos

KARMA'S POV

Kai looks a bit shocked, but he quickly recovers. He steps closer, and i absentmindedly help close in the space. he places his hands at my waist pressing my body to his, "help me understand.." his voice spoke of conviction, "promise you wont leave," his lips move against my neck making me close my eyes and savour the feeling, "promise." his grip on me tightens and he begins to nibble at the skin.

"I wont leave.. promise." My breathing gets heavy anticipating for this- for us, to reach our full potential in the area of caring and being selfless; all the while being completely selfish and trying to reach our own needs.

His lips travel up my neck until his lips connect with mine. thats when i realise this going to be the best sex i've ever had.

The kisses are passionate and needy, because this is something we are both deprived of. "i never got a chance to say how beautiful you are," he whispers against my skin and in between his own breaths. "You light up my days, You have been the best thing that has happened to me."

"Stop being so cliche and kiss me." i pull him back into me. i missed the way he smelled and the way he made feel. I tug at the hem of his shirt signaling for him to lift his arms and i pull it off. i place my hands on his chest staring at his body, i look up at him and smile; he has on his signature smirk.

***

We both lie in my bed, out of breath and glistening with sweat. "i think we should've started with that when we met." he laughs at my statement. i cant help but think, what if we did start like this? We wouldn't have any other terrible memories of one another, but that's what got us to this.

"karma?" i answer him with a soft hum, "does this mean you forgive for all of the things i've done that have wronged you?" i can feel his gaze on me, but i all i do is shift so i am nudged into his side. almost instantly i can feel him start to play with my hair.

"i dont know." i state honestly. i look up to him- meeting his eyes. "but i know how you can make it up to me." i smile, causing a ripple effect and soon Kai is smiling back at me. i knew he needed the reassurance. now when our lips connect it's forced- i am unsure if it's because i am tired or if it's because of all the awful memories he had placed.

either way my eyes are heavy and i begin to slip into darkness. "goodnight, karma." Kai kissed the top of my head. i dont want to fall asleep on him or even besides him- but i'm too comfortable and too tired to move away.