twenty-three

chapter twenty-three of glee

Sophie had deemed the races a success, not pressing Arabella to talk about the conversation between her and Anthony, she made her way to her bedroom. 

Arabella sat in the living room, the rain had worsened into the night. She enjoyed watching as the droplets raced down the glass pane of the window. Suddenly, a quiet knock came from the front door. 

She wrapped a shawl around her shoulders and timidly made her way to the door, she asked in the loudest voice she could muster, "Who is it?".

"It's me," Came a voice, she could recognize that voice anywhere, with a deep breath she opened it and came eye to eye with a soaked Anthony Bridgerton. 

"I do not wish to dishonor you by my arrival at you home at this time," He said sternly. 

"Why have you come then?" She asked, worried for his response.

"I am unsure," He confessed, quietly.

"Unsure?" She asked, as she watched him stand in the rain, without knowing why. 

"May- may I come in?" He asked, wiping the water from his jacket. 

"Yes, of course," She said, before moving aside for him to come in. 

"Come, I'll get you some fresh clothes," She said, before turning around and making her way upstairs, he hesitated before following her. 

"Your house is nice, it's different, how many bedrooms?" He asked, attempting to break the silence, to which she replied 4. 

She led him through the hallway and into a spare room, she opened the cupboard doors and pulled out a fresh linen shirt and pants for the Viscount. 

"Who stays here?" Anthony asked, raising an eyebrow at the young girl. 

"Sophie's husband, when he visits, an unconventional marriage of sorts," She replied, "I'll let you get changed," She said before leaving the room, she stood outside the door, breathing in deeply. 

Anthony came out, only moments later, holding his wet clothes in one hand, Arabella took them and made her way into her room, as it was only one of the two rooms in the house with a balcony. 

She laid the clothes out on the railing, and turned to Anthony who stood against the threshold of the door. 

"You can come in, you aren't gonna catch anything," She joked, with a coy smile on her face. He took a step in and Arabella took a seat on her bed. 

"Why did you come here, Anthony?" She asked, taking her had nervously and flattening the bedsheets. 

"I wanted to apologise for my words earlier today," He said, as he rubbed the material of his pants. 

"It's alright-" a sad smile covering Arabella's face. 

"No, it's not alright- I should not have said that," He attempted to reiterate what he really wanted to say. 

"Anthony, you do not have to apologies to me, with everything everyone is saying, I do not blame you for not wanting to know me. I-," Before she could finish, he rushed toward her. He kneeled in front of her and held her face with his warm hands. A sad smile plastered his face as he stared into her watering eyes. 

"I could never not want to know you, Arabella," He said, moving his face so that their foreheads touched. She breathed him in, he smelt like rain and whiskey. He quickly connected their lips, his arms held her as if it was the last time. Anthony stood up, their lips still connected as Arabella laid flat on the bed, he laid on top of her. 

His hands scoured her body, landing on her hip as she moaned into his mouth. He took of the white linen shirt she had gave him, her cold hands graved his torso as he groaned against her. He lightly bit her lip and pulled away to plant kisses on her neck.

"I think about you all the time," He said, looking into her eyes. The white glowed at the darkness surrounding them, "I want to know you, in every way," His whispers didn't fall short, she pulled his face down to kiss him once again. He pulls away, waiting for her to say something - anything, to accept his apology. 

"I know, Anthony," She whispers, before shuffling out from under him and flipping him over. She takes a seat on top of him and Anthony holds her hips as she presses against his crotch. She slowly removes her dress and he shifts slightly against her, his member hard against her core. 

"Fuck," He groans as his hands move around his body, landing on her hips. He slowly pulled down his pants and pushed inside of her, her hips moved back and forth as he groaned loudly, bringing her in for another kiss.