11 - Limits

Not proofread:/

Wednesday, 8 PM.

"Thank you for coming! Please come again soon!" Y/N exclaimed with a wide smile as the last customer left, marking the end of the day at the flower shop. She exhaled in relief which soon shattered as she faced the male focused on his computer screen. She had been waiting for this moment all day; today was special.

I'll thank him today.

After making that decision, the worst she thought could happen was a rude, snarky remark from him. But the problem was she cannot find any time to talk with him, and when she does.. he doesn't look like there's a correct time for anyone to talk with him.

Which is why she chose this time to be perfect. No one can interrupt them if the store is closed, right? She inhaled roughly, turning the sign in front to "closed" before walking towards the male, though to her bad luck, he already stood up, getting ready to change his apron.

I can't let go of this chance.

She grasped his hands tightly, forcing him to stop in his tracks. A dizzying swarm of butterflies filled his stomach, his cheeks blushing brightly at her touch. Startled, he swiftly yanked his hands away, his flushed eyes meeting hers in what felt like a moment of suspended time.

"What is it that you require?" He demanded through gritted teeth, his intimidating presence causing her to swallow hard. His tone implied impatience, which did not bode well for her attempt at thanking him.

I haven't prepared on what to say.

"Erm, you see, I'm sorry for talking to you but-"

He rolled his eyes and walked away, and in an instance, her hands automatically grabbed his hands again.

"Thank you for your explanation note, it hel-"

Once more, he yanked her hands away, his impatience and annoyance evident in his voice as he spat,

"What the hell did I tell you yesterday? Stay in your line and keep your hands off me! Ever heard of something called limits? I don't want your gratitude nor apology, just get away from me jeez.."

He darted away in a flash, rushing towards the office with no further explanation. She understood the reason behind his abrupt departure, as he clearly couldn't tolerate her presence. She was upset by his rejection, but she understood why he'd chosen to flee. Perhaps it may have been for the best, as her feelings for him were getting confusing, and she was starting to develop unwanted feelings for him. He was obviously not interested in her and perhaps even annoyed by her presence. It slightly hurts, but she had to accept his decision and remain professional during their working hours together.

After a good while of thinking, She knitted her eyebrows together, frustrated by his actions.

Well you know what, it's not like you deserve my thanks anyway.

She inhaled, and she only wished for one thing.

I wish he haven't deleted that picture.

As much as she hated to admit it. She missed her previous interactions with him. Being ordered to do stuffs with his cocky attitude was better than being yelled at or ignored. She herself changed out of her apron and into a beige oversized coat and left almost immediately.

Her movements came to a halt as soon as she exited the store, her gaze falling upon a familiar black-haired man with teal streaks. He leaned against the glass of the store, casually resting his hands in his black, oversized jacket pockets, his presence somewhat unexpected given the circumstances a few minutes prior. An expression of confusion crossed her face as she looked at him, not knowing what had caused this sudden appearance or the reason that drove this surprise visit.