7. Une dernière danse

A week went by, and then another week, and you were ready to shoot yourself with that schedule. You couldn't understand why you were so fussed over, you seemed like an ordinary girl, but no, you weren't. You didn't understand why they were so crazy about you, you seemed like an ordinary girl, but no, Lesso had decided to train with you. You didn't mind, of course, but it was exhausting. Mary smelled this chemistry between you and Dean, and she was joking around, trying to make sure you'd run into each other, but how much more?

The weekend finally came. Here you were promised a full holiday, except for dance rehearsal, because there was a competition in a week's time, which would involve not only the Deans, but some teachers and students as well. But you were confident that you would win again, because the dance was both graceful, but also sharp, with difficult elements. You chose a French song, and you were ready to spin Lesso into your dance every time and never let go.

With these thoughts and humming that song under her breath, the girl sat in her chair and wondered when Lesso would come back from his office. And after about half an hour she returned, and you could not hide your joy, for the woman had been gone quite a long time.

"Ready for rehearsal? Let's go to the dance hall, I found out that it's free now", – this news pleased you, because there was much more room in the hall.

As you gathered, you went up to the hall and began to warm up separately. You occasionally stared at the woman, but she didn't seem to notice, or just didn't show it. When the warm-up was over, you paired up and started rehearsing. The dance was only recently learned to the end, so all that was left was to work it out.

"You're making progress this year", – this little praise made you blush and cringe a little. You felt a strong energy in this dance and you were sure you weren't the only one feeling it, Dean was looking into your eyes and you into hers, so you wanted to look into them forever and drown in them. At the end of the dance there was a very difficult combination in which you could barely keep up with Lesso, but it seemed to work so far. At the end you decided to do some kind of support, but have not yet decided how and what exactly.

"How about you jump up and I'll get you under my thighs?", – you were speechless for a moment. Lesso didn't wait, but grabbed your wrist and put you right in front of her. "Let's try it", – you put your hands on her shoulders and jumped up and she picked you up and your legs appeared around her waist. Your body began to tremble and a warm feeling spilled into your stomach, you looked up at the woman and she looked down at you. Sarah was already slowly leaning down, and the woman just kept looking into your eyes, expecting anything. But suddenly the door to the hall opened loudly and Emily flew in.

"Oh, am I interrupting you?", – Lesso quietly lowered you to your feet, but you weren't sure you were ready to stand on your feet.

"No, we're done", – Dean took her cane and walked away, and you leaned against the wall and tried to catch your breath.

After practice, you left unannounced for Mary's; you needed to vent to your friend. When you walked into her room, tears began to come to your eyes. "God, Sarah, what happened?", – you collapsed on her bed and began to tell her how you felt and how you were going crazy around that woman. "Honey, you should come clean".

"I certainly understand that you're crazy, but not that crazy", – you looked at your friend with a puzzled face.

"Hey! I'm not done. It's not like she's pushing you away, it's worth a try, and if it's not mutual, just cut all ties with her. Especially since you'll be moving into another room soon, and if not, I can take you in for a while", – you thought about it with tears in your eyes and finally agreed, even though the whole world would collapse if you refused. It remained to think of a clear plan on how to do it.