🧸🧷 namjoon/seokjin ¡! ❞ anaphylaxis

[requested by Kaisahsparkle]

[...]

summary;

due to seokjin's mistake, namjoon gets served food he happens to be allergic to. he suffers from anaphylaxis, and the rest of the bangtan boys ignore seokjin for a long time, upset about the situation.

[...]

it wasn't anything unusual that seokjin, as the oldest brother, was in charge of cooking. not only because someone had to (yoongi, who also was a good cook, wasn't persistent enough to sacrifice daily to cook for everyone), but also from the simple fact that seokjin actually liked to cook. he didn't mind waking up earlier to prepare breakfast. he didn't mind hanging around in the kitchen meanwhile the others put their free time to better use. he didn't mind it at all, especially since his members often would be eager to help him out.

oh, how we wished that somebody would be there in the kitchen also this one time, when he completely went absent-minded, his hands doing everything on autopilot as he cooked this dinner. dinner that will bring all of them a lot of trouble.

as every other time, everyone sat around the table, shuffling their chairs closer. nothing seemed out of ordinary, there were no red flags, nothing to foreshadow what was coming.
they all stared at the food with delight, the mouth-watering smell making it hard to resist digging in, yet they all patiently waited for the cutlery to be passed out to everyone.

"seokjin-hyung! it's so delicious!" lots of compliments were sent his way, the boys humming at the blissful taste. they were all hungry, so the natural thing for them is to reach out for more and more, their plates barely getting to be cleared out until another portion of food would land on it.

everyone enjoyed this meal.

well, until they didn't.

it's been only a few bites and namjoon began to feel quite . . . weird. he felt sort of feverish as the waves of hotness hit him, making it difficult to withstand the temperature in the room.
no one appeared to pay attention at first since the changes were neither drastic nor rapid, however, as time went on, it was hard to not notice obviously worrisome signs. a reddish rash covered namjoon's neck and arms; his whole face became red and his cheeks slightly puffed out, suddenly swelling.
and the most terrifying part, it was getting harder to breathe.

"namjoon-hyung, are you okay?" jungkook is the first to finally realize.
the cheerful chatter is quick to die down as everyone takes in namjoon's condition.

namjoon wants to brush their concerns off, say that he'll be okay . . . but instead of words, a strangled cough came out of his mouth. and that was the moment when namjoon realized that he couldn't freely breathe anymore.

panic was quick to fill the room as everyone saw their leader struggle, starting to wheeze for air.

"allergic reaction!" someone exclaims, realization hitting each one of the boys.
"who the fuck gave him shrimps? you know he's allergic!" the oldest rapper questions angrily, leaning over namjoon's plate to examine its contents.
seokjin's ears immediately turn red as everyone's gaze falls upon him accusingly.
"listen, i swear i didn't mean to--! i completely forgot that he's--!"
"save it for now," hoseok bluntly cuts him off, the lack of honorifics only showing how enraged he became.

"jungkook, go to the bathroom upstairs and open the cabinet above the sink. there should be a first-aid kit, bring it to me!" yoongi commands as he guides namjoon away from the table, slowly lowering him down to lie on the floor on his back.
although it didn't take jungkook even a full minute to come back, each ragged breath namjoon took was only a reminder that they were short on time, the sand in the hourglass slipping.