🧸🧷 jimin ¡! ❞ stage fright

[requested by Diaspro_Lunaris]

A/N

yes, i didn't forget about you lovelies, enjoy the chapter and please be patient with your requests, i'm working on them!

+ not proofread yet so please excuse any errors

! trigger warning !

description of panic

[...]

summary;

when jimin is overwhelmed by unexpected stage fright, his soulmate taehyung is there to help him deal with it.

[...]

jimin slowly presses his sweaty palms against the cold in touch washbasin, his shaking fingers wrapping around the edges in a tight, white-knuckled hold. the singer leans half of his weight on the sink as he leans forward, his head hanging low.

"jimin!"
"jimin? where did you go?!"
"jimin?? where is he?"
"has anybody seen jimin?"

he can hear them. he can hear the voices of his members, frantically calling his name.
yet, he is unable to respond. it feels as if somebody sewed his lips together, with a huge tennis ball stuck down his throat. he can't speak. he can't even open his mouth. the only thing he can do now is to tremble uncontrollably, letting tears continuously run down his face.

what is going on? he asks himself. what are you afraid of, jimin? this isn't your first performance.

in fact, it wasn't. jimin was an experienced performer and the jitters never got to him. obviously, he was getting nervous at times. anyone would, knowing that they are about to perform in front of thousands of people.
yet jimin never truly felt scared. nervous? sure. frightened? not at all. if anything, he was excited. excited to see his fans. excited to show them how hard he worked, only to give them the best show that would remain in their memory for a long time. he wanted to give those people his best.

yet today, jimin was out of it. he wasn't feeling his best.
he was frightened.

and he couldn't understand what was wrong. he couldn't understand where did this stage fright come from. what's worst, he didn't know how to deal with it.
and it was terrifying him probably even more than a low distant hum of awaiting audience or rushed footsteps of staff, just behind the door, running through the last errands.

"where could he go? we've got literally five minutes and the last time i saw him, he didn't get his makeup done."
jimin gulps, hearing the familiar voice of hoseok-hyung, passing by the washroom.
"ask his stylist noonas if they saw him," seokjin-hyung replies.

five minutes. we've got five minutes. those words echo around jimin's head, bouncing repeatedly against the imaginary walls of his spinning mind. thick harsh ropes bound his ribs together as he tries to expand his lungs, yet they are caged. he slowly begins to suffocate, drowning in panic. the panic that touches every single ounce of his body and soul, covering his skin in goosebumps, wrenching his guts, making his heart beat like a wild bird caught between predator's sharp teeth. the sheer panic that begins to flood the room, drop after drop filling jimin's conscience with heavy dense fog.