🧸🧷 namjoon/ot7 ¡! ❞ lung issues

[requested by Kaisahsparkle]

[A/N] 

*not proofread yet, please keep it in mind if any errors appear*

+ marked as ot7 too because one very important thread here affects all the members

i changed this request but only a little bit, just a matter of few details. also i had to do my research about this chapter's condition, and if i got any info wrong (and you happen to have some correct info), feel free to point it out. anyways, enjoy!

! trigger warning !

cancel culture/hate, description of blood

[...]

summary;

due to a few slip-ups, bts is a target of severe backlash and criticism. namjoon, resposible for the words that caused the scandal, gets ignored by his members. no one knows that their leader developed a worrisome condition that makes him cough up blood. namjoon tries to hide it from the rest at any cost, yet his plan fails as the rapper faints during a concert, making everyone reflect on their attitude.

[...]

namjoon lets out a shuddering breath, followed by a short cough. the leader clears his throat, an unpleasant feeling squishing his lungs together.
something was wrong with his lungs, he could tell. he has been feeling like this for the past few days, yet thinking it was only a little cold, he was quick to brush it off.

you see, he was scared to bother anyone. their group had a difficult time lately – the levels of stress and tension were overflowing this household. with the amount of attention they were now getting from social media, no one could freely walk out of their dorm without the fear of being caught by paparazzi or attacked by some sasaengs. everyone was growing frustrated with this situation, it already has been four months but bts, the worldwide famous kpop group, was still on the tongues of the hottest of firestorms of criticism and judgment.

and it was all namjoon's fault.
he wasn't careful enough. said a few words there, too few words somewhere else . . . one tricky question in an interview, and another tricky question in the chat on his vlive . . . and now everyone thought that namjoon, the leader of bts, was xenophobic and disrespectful toward his elders.
of course, it wasn't true, namjoon just didn't express himself clearly and wrongly worded his thoughts, leaving a lot for assumption and interpretation. this time, to his disadvantage.

all members knew that it was just an accident, they knew how quickly rumors spread, and how easy it is to take anything out of context, especially if someone slips on their words. they weren't mad about it.

well, at first.

when they all got reprimanded by their manager, this is where everything went to hell.
they had to work three times harder than usual to make it up for their fans. an official statement has been already out – there will be a charity concert in seoul, and all the money collected will be donated to foundations helping foreigners struggling with poverty.
all of this just to show that namjoon, in fact, wasn't xenophobic.

but it wasn't everything. they also had to do a recording with all of them apologizing for what happened (even though all the bad stuff was only a play on imagination) and promising to do better in the future. it wasn't a surprise that namjoon got the longest part, part of it written by their manager, and the bigger part of it written by himself.
they hoped that this recording will clear their reputation in the slightest, leading fans out of their misinterpretations.
yet, what could they say, people were sometimes dense, and a simple apology video wasn't going to stop the thunderstorm of hate.