🧸🩹 seokjin ¡! ❞ faking

[requested by httpseokjin-]

[A/N]

dw i'll take care of the other requests asap

[...]

summary;

jin is extremely tired and gives in to the idea of faking sickness, making the whole group take a day off and take care of him.

[...]

"hyung! jungkook won't stop teasing me about my height! tell him something!"

"hyung! yoongi-hyung is being stubborn again! tell him to get out of his bed and get ready!"

"hyung! namjoon-hyung broke the coffee machine again! do we buy another one? it's already third this year!"

"hyung! tell him to stop!"

"no, tell him to let go!"

"but i was first!"

"no! hyung, i was first! tell him to back off!"

amidst all the chaos, jin slowly covers his ears. sure, being the oldest and having authority often put him in a position to resolve disputes and take responsibility for his members' actions. whenever they couldn't agree on one thing, jin's opinion was considered the final one. jin's word was always the last. having huge respect for their hyung, everyone obeyed him. and in return, jin was making sure that his six dongsaengs always felt taken care of. he took the parenting, almost leading role. and he was completely fine with it. he even liked it, babying his friends (well, at least the majority of them since yoongi or namjoon would only look at him weirdly if he tried to pamper them).

"hyung? hyung! where are you going?" they all ask as he passes by them, not sparing them another glance.

yes, seokjin liked being 'the greatest hyung' and all but sometimes he just wanted some peace too.

you know, a life of a kpop idol has never gone easy on him. saying that he was the only one in the whole industry suffering from exhaustion would be a disrespectful discredit, yet he couldn't help but sometimes feel like it. everyone seemed always so energetic, pushing through the practices and rehearsals, well, maybe not with ease, but all of his members were coping just fine, and the work they did was gratifying enough.
it's not like jin didn't appreciate what he had. it's not like jin wasn't delighted with the positive impact their hard work and art, something they all were passionate about, had on the whole world.
jin just sometimes wasn't feeling it. he just needed someone to sit with him, hear him out, and tell him that it was okay to doubt. doubt was deep down in human nature.
but it was hard to accept, since whole his environment kept its doubts hidden away, making it seem like there were no doubts at all.
it made jin feel a little isolated since he didn't feel like any of his members, the closest people to his heart, could relate.

they all were talented, jin had to work hard to achieve what they already were skillful at.

and jin was tired, so extremely tired. not only physically, but also mentally. he was sore from the tremendous dance practices, his voice was barely recovering after pushing it to its limits for the fifth time this week, his body was rapidly losing weight (and energy) due to another miracle diet that was supposed to keep him 'fit', and they were constantly on a run, company telling them to do this, then telling to do that, and then asking to repeat over and over.

mentally, seokjin felt as if he was close to a meltdown.
he absolutely hated the fact that they had no privacy, all due to cameramen following them whenever they were out of the dorm, recording them from each and every angle in each and every second of whatever they were doing. even in the dorm jin didn't feel quite safe, knowing that the members liked to walk around with vlives on, exposing their private lives to fans.
normally, jin didn't have a problem with it, but lately, it has been just getting too much to handle at once by a single person.
yes, by a single person because no one else appeared to have the same problem.