Just One More Dance

"Hi Lil."

"Hey stranger."

Albus wrinkled his nose. "Don't call me that."

"But you are a stranger to me, Al." Lily protested, "I barely see you anymore."

They were both going out of the Great Hall and had casually run into each other. That hadn't happened in a while.
So Albus had nodded to Scorpius to tell him he would be talking with Lily for a little and they were now walking towards a hallway away from the noise and commotion of the students.

"I'm sorry Lil. You know that the Slytherins don't like seeing us together." Albus ran a hand though his messy hair. He was so tall. The last time Lily had seen him he must have been at least five inches shorter. "And neither do the Gryffindors."

"Yeah, but what about what we want, Al?"

Albus sighed. "OK, fine. What do you want? A coffee every Monday? A report of the Slytherin's weekly gossip? Come to your table for lunch?"

"I just want you to be a brother to me." Lily said, then added before Albus could reply: "And to do every one of those things; except for the coffee part. You know I don't like coffee."

Instead of chuckling like Lily had expected him to, Albus Potter didn't even smile. His right eyebrow was arched and she could tell he wasn't really listening.
"What's the matter?"

He looked down at her. "Mmh?"

"What. Is. The. Matter. With. You?"

Albus shrugged. "Nothing. Nothing's wrong."

Lily narrowed her eyes and examined him closely. Aha! He was chewing his bottom lip.

"C'm on, Al. I know you're hiding something big."

"What? That's not true Lil. Where do these ideas even come from?"

"You're chewing your lip. You always do that when something's bothering you." Lily explained, "Mostly when you lie. But really Al, you can tell me."

"Alright."

"Alright?" Lily's face lit up, "You're letting go of your secret so easily?"

"Like you said, I should be more of a brother to you. I need to be jonest and that knid of things right? And it's not my secret, by the way."

"Whose, then?" Lily's eyes were wide with expectation. If she were sitting, she would be on the edge of her seat.

Albis sighed dramatically. "Rose's."

"Go on!" Lily hissed when he paused.

Al hesitated. "I... I don't think I'm supposed to be telling you this."

"Which makes it much more interesting. Now go on, please."

"I saw Rose kissing a guy a few days ago. I can't imagine why she would do that."

"I dunno." Lily said, "Why do people kiss?"

"That's not the matter."

"What you mean is mom would kill you if you answered me?"

"Yep. Anyway, I've been trying yo piece together who mystery guy is, but I haven't figured out anything yet."

"Ooh, I can help." Lily said enthusiastically.

"I don't think you can. He's a Slytherin."

Lily narrowed her eyes in defiance. "Try me."

"All I know - all I saw - is taht he was wearing a green and silver uniform, that he's tall and has dark hair."